Chapter 9: Red Eyes Darken

"K...Kö...leil?"
I mumbled, opening my eyes and squinting in the harsh sunlight.

"Mm?"

"Are we...where are we?"

"Somewhere above the forest. Don't worry, I have got you."

I turned my head in an attempt to get a better idea of where we actually...

Yep.
We were flying.

Chuckling a little, I looked back at Köleil.

"So...wings, huh? Definitely wasn't expecting that."

"Köleil has always had the wings. I can also do more things but haven't needed to with you yet."

"...fair enough."

Feeling safe in Köleil's soft grip, I relaxed and thought pointless, endless thoughts.

"Um....James?"

"Yeah?"
I answered, not opening my eyes.

"Do...do you like Köleil?"

"Of course."

"But...do you think Köleil is a good Guardian? Do you think I am...safe?"

"Of course! I trust you, Kö. Stop worrying. I think you're amazing and always will. Okay?"

She didn't reply.

I looked at her, watching her face as she stared off into the distance with her wings silently flapping behind her. The sun shone around her, a halo of light with the skys bright, blue background completing her portrait.
Soft, pale face, big, shining eyes, beautiful, long, flowing hair...
She was the image of a goddess.
An angel.
A Guardian angel.
My Guardian.

It was then she began singing.
A beautiful, flawless melody that naturally echoed through the world.
A soft, sweet, calming voice.

"H...hey, Kö?"

"Yes?"

"I just wanna say...I...I think...you're.....I think you're-"

RING RING RING
RING RING RING
RING RING RING

Quickly, I fumbled around for my phone, hoping it didn't slip out of my pocket and fall down to the world below as I did.
"H-hello? Who's this?"

"James, it's Jayden. Where the hell are you?!"

"I'm...uh..."

In the sky being carried by a winged Köleil.
Yeah, no.

"I'm...I'm with Köleil.......shopping."

"When are you coming back?!"

"Why? What's up?"

"I-I remember Keiran!"

"What?"

"I remembered him and as soon as I did, I felt ice cold and everything went black! I don't know what's happened but I can't see anything! I-I'm scared!"

"Okay, hold on. We'll figure this out. I'll go find Nim and I promise we'll find you."

"Please...I.....what....what are you.....no....NO! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!"

"Jayden? Jayden, can you hear me?!"

"..........daaaark........."

After that small whisper in an unfamiliar voice and over a minute of violent static, the phone cut off.

"Köleil! Something happened to Jayden! Quick, we need to get home, NOW!"

"Got it. I will go to Nim and she will take us right away!"