Chapter 3: The James Is Confused

"Uh...miss, are you...okay?"

I asked, shaking her feeble shoulder slightly.

The poor girl was not only unconscious but she must have been freezing to death! Her legs were constantly hit by the icy seas water and all she wore was an oversized, white t-shirt.
A little strange in a thunderstorm on a beach in the middle of the night.

"Miss? Please, can you hear me?"

"......mmn......"
Finally, I got a small, muffled reply.

"Okay...come on...let me help you up..."

Once she was up on her knees and had her eyes open, I actually realised how...odd...she looked.

Long, dark, blood red hair that was almost near her knees. One eye that was bright gold and one a glistening silver.

And the first words I heard her say were...

"Um...is this...an England?"

"...y...yeah...this is England..."

Squeezing her eyes shut and rubbing her face, she seemed to mumble something in a strange language.

"Yes...the England...English?"

"Yes, I'm English. Aren't you?"
I frowned, worrying about her mental state.

"Mm...can be...maybe..."

I was immediately confused. What on earth was wrong with this girl?

"You have a home, yes?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Can I have your home with you?"

"E...excuse me?"

"I need a sleeping place and you are English and I need to be English and I think these clothes aren't good and I don't have an English home yet."

"Gah...uh...wha...."

Before I could realise that I didn't understand any of what was going on, her eyes flashed before she fell to the floor and back into unconsciousness.

"Uh....what the hell...just happened..."

Knowing there was nothing else I could do, I sighed and lifted the strange girl up in my arms, slowly carrying her back to my house in hopes that I could get her some help.
Or if anyone could.

She was clearly confused and needed LOTS of help.

I'll admit, it was a lot harder to sneak into my bedroom with an unconscious girl in my arms.

"Jayden? You in there?"

No. He wasn't.
The room was empty, though the PS4 was still on, paused in the middle of a walking dead cutscene.

I rested the strange girl on my bed ontop of a clean towel to help dry her off.

Though it was difficult to keep her decent in just a t-shirt.

"Alright then...miss...you're unconscious so...stay there and I'll...go get Natalie..."
I mumbled, trying to process the situation while talking.

Could that day have gotten any stranger?
I'd found a half naked girl in the rain on a beach, unconscious.

On my birthday.

It's not exactly everyday you can say that.
Making my way downstairs, I could hear Natalie and Paul laughing about something.

"Oh, James! You're back! Another one of your little run offs, eh? No worries. It happens. Here, come join us."
She smiled, patting the seat beside her.