A Doctor's Visit

{Donnie's POV}
I have never liked my birthday. It's just awkward for me, people who normally have nothing to say to me decide to call or message me, telling me how amazing I am and hoping I have a good day. Honestly they didn't care much. It's just customary.

I had a doctor's appointment in the morning, just two days before my birthday, over some concerns I'd had with my health. I had been having really bad migraines, feeling dizzy and shaky.. it was getting really bad for me, and deep down I knew something very bad was going on. Something that had happened to my father when I was really little.

So my alarm went off and I opened my eyes, Leo holding me from behind and snoring lightly. I smiled, thinking about how lucky I was. I really was the luckiest man alive.
He loved me so much, he showed me everyday. He'd never been too good with expressing emotions but now, now was much different and for the most part I was very happy. We had our issues, little arguments, but all married people do.

And that's another thing. Married. We had married just three months earlier in a secret ceremony, then went on a northeastern honeymoon for five days, and wow... that was amazing. I will never forget it. Ever.
Anyway, it's been weeks now, and most of the time he is rather busy. But those nights he comes home early make all the difference to me.
I crawled out of bed, rubbing my eyes and opening one of the curtains. A beautiful day. I looked back at Leo, smiling, and kissed his cheek, going into the bathroom to get dressed for my appointment. I felt a little shaky but blamed it on my lack of caffeine, hailed a taxi and travelled to my doctor's office. One I had been going to since I was a kid. Always felt safe and found the doctor very trustworthy. Leo tried to make me go to a better one but honestly I preferred something that reminded me of home. The cab pulled over and I got out, going inside and to the waiting room. Small and crowded as always. This teenage girl beside her mom kept staring at me, like she recognized me from somewhere. I smiled a bit, looking back down at my magazine.
"Mom, is that the guy..." She nudged her mother, still looking at me.
The mother looked up. "Hm? Oh yes. Go tell him, sweetheart."
She nodded and stood in front of me. "Hey, are you Donatello Yoshi?"
I closed the magazine. "Hamato now, but yes- may I help you?"
"Well, my father says that your husband is a faggot and the worst thing to happen to this city. He says he hopes his penis falls off the next time you two have gay sex."
I looked at this teenager, shocked. "I'm sorry, are you actually being serious?"
She crossed her arms. "Duh."

"Well, the worst thing to happen to this city would be your father spreading the hate that he does. Wishing harm on someone because of their sexual preferences is wrong." I rubbed my head, not feeling well again. I really didn't need that negative sentence brought to my attention at the moment. I got those kind of comments every single day, every time I stepped out of the penthouse with him by my side, or if I was even alone. It didn't matter anymore.
"Gay guys are so weak.." She mumbled, sitting next to her mother again.
I rolled my eyes and hugged myself. She just didn't understand what love me and Leo had. It was true.
Sure. Maybe it wasn't acceptable but no one could stop us for loving each other. Now, Leo wasn't homosexual, he'd dated plenty of girls before, he says he has no preference. I, on the other hand, didn't realize for a long time that I had never been attracted to anyone except for men. I tried to hide it, but as you already know, once I saw Leo, I couldn't help but swoon. I've never really described him before, so I will give a few details.
Leo's tall. 6'2. I'm only 5'10, although just barely as sometimes I'm marked as 5'9. He's not overweight nor underweight. He is very muscular, his skin is naturally pale due to his nationality but he has slightly more color, I suppose because his mother has roots in America, I believe her father was American. He has dark blue eyes, like staring into the deepest depths of the ocean. Apparently no one in his family has blue eyes, so it is rare. He has a deep scar on his shoulder he never tells me about. Says it's from a childhood experience but I personally believe it was from being whipped. But overall, he's absolutely handsome and perfect in appearance.