Chaper Two

"Fiancé? You have a fiancé?" I whispered, backing up slightly.
"Yes. We just got engaged earlier this summer. I've known him for about a year."
"I-If you have a fiancé.. then why weren't you with him at the ball?"
He got in bed, glancing at me. "Spare bedroom is down the hall. Goodnight, Leo."

I frowned, considering just going home but I was far too tired and New York City was about five hours away by car. I didn't really have a choice at that point, and went to bed very quickly.

He had a fiancé. Now I really had no chance with him.
Donnie moved on.

The next morning I woke to the silence. There was a clean tee shirt and pair of pants next to my bed, along with a glass of orange juice.

I got up and dressed, before opening the door. Donnie was at the stove, frying an egg.
"Hey.." I yawned and sat down at the breakfast bar.
"Good morning. Are you going back to New York today? It's kind of stormy, so I don't know if you can drive back safely."
"Since when are you worried about me?" I asked.
He made a plate for me and stood rather close. "I always have."
Our eyes met, my heartbeat quickened...
"Hey I'm home!" An unfamiliar male voice called from the front door. I quickly pulled back and looked down at the plate, studying the pattern feeling rather nervous.

"Who's this?" The man asked, putting his briefcase down. I glanced at him before going back to studying the pattern.
"Oh, that's a friend of mine. I- I had to let him stay overnight.." His eyes were nervous. They avoided the man's..
"Hello, my name is Christopher. And you are?" He shook my hand. His grip was very firm.
"Uh.. my name's uh.. Landon." I was very suspicious about this man, but I couldn't say anything. It wasn't my place.
"Well Landon, I trust my fiancé has told you all about me." He took Donnie's hands and pulled him into a kiss.
My hand made a fist under the counter. Mine.
Donnie didn't even blush. "Um.. I did. Actually.. heh. I was hoping you'd come home last night.." His eyes met Christopher's. Donnie was afraid. I know how fearful people look, I've seen many women afraid of what I could do. Donnie had the same look.
"I was at work, Donnie. You know that." He kissed him again possessively. Donnie didn't like it.

"You didn't even call me." He said quietly.
"I said I was at work. What are you, thick?" Christopher snapped at him. Donnie's eyes widened before he retreated to the stove. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to know."
"It's okay. I gotta go sleep. I want you in there in an hour. Ready to please my needs." He looked at me and squinted a little before walking down the hall and shutting the door.

Donnie exhaled. "S-sorry about him Leo.. um.. he's just a little funny like that.." He sat down at the table. "But he loves me and I-" he paused. "-and I know that he will take care of me in the future."
"Does he make you happy?" I glanced over.
He shrugged. "He does what he can. He tells me he loves me.." Donnie rubbed his arm. "Like you could never do."
"Donnie.. I want us to be friends again."

He shook his head. "I wouldn't be allowed. I'm sorry. But um.. text me. Or something.. That'll work."
"You blocked my number like a year ago, remember? Part of the whole 'Talk to me again and I'll sue' note I received?"

"Oh.. Um.. yes. I was just protecting myself. Who's your girlfriend now, Leo?" He started washing the dishes.
"I haven't seen anyone since we broke up and that's a fact."
His eyes were a bit sad as he turned away.

~~
Meanwhile, Raph had taken the day off of work to go down to Washington and visit Mikey. After everything that had happened, Raph had to stay away from him for awhile. But once Mikey moved down to DC, Raph decided to talk to him again.
And they've been together ever since. A year and a half and they're nothing but happy.
Sure long distance was a problem but they visited each other every weekend, or sometimes Mikey would come up to New York when he was on break. I personally never saw him that often. I'd say hi, but we never conversed.