Chapter Seven

"W-what was that??!?" I panicked, my heart pounding. I couldn't hear, the noise had been far too loud.
"Someone was outside on the balcony with a rifle, Leonardo!" He stood up, locking the door. "He was aiming it at your head and what else was I supposed to do?"
"No one's out there!" I shouted at him. He ruined my window.
"Oh yeah?? Is that what you think?" He threw open the balcony door and walked out, coming back with a tied up person dressed in black. "Then what's this, idiot? A mosquito?"
I gasped, my eyes widening. "Who are you?!"
The person looked up at me with a frown. "I didn't have a rifle, it was a walking stick! And another thing, I was dropped off earlier on my helicopter but the doors were locked, so I didn't have a choice!"
"I didn't invite anyone over here." I sat in my wheelchair and rolled over to the person, taking Donnie's hand and pulling him behind me. "Who are you?!"
"I knew you wouldn't recognize me..." The figure took off its mask, revealing a middle aged woman that I didn't recognize. "It's been twenty-three years.. and I never thought I'd find you." She stood up.
"Find him? What is going on??" Donnie asked, staring her up and down. We were both completely confused.
"I'm your mother, Leonardo." She said timidly.
If she had left me by mistake, maybe I would've smiled and hugged her. If she put me up for adoption into a good home, I could've forgiven her.
But after what she did to me- after what she let those sick monsters do to me- I would never forgive her. She ruined my life!!
"Donnie, it'd probably be best for you to go out for a minute while I deal with her." My voice was emotionless as I glared at my 'mother'.

"Okay.." He said quietly, kneeling in front of me. "I'll be right down the hall. Ready to call the police if necessary." I nodded and we shared a kiss before he walked off slowly.
My mother sat down, untying herself. "Is this any way to treat your mother?"
"You are not my mother, let's get that clear. You abandoned me and Raph when I was only five, and he was a baby. Dad thought you died. Would've been better that way."
"If you think I'm back for sinister reasons, that isn't so."
"No, I assumed you were back to collect some of Dad's inheritance."
She laughed a little. "Sweetheart, your father and I divorced before I left you. Biggest mistake I ever made, leaving you and your brother like that- but look at you now. You can't honestly still hate me after what a wonderful life you and your brother- what's his name- Ralph- have."
"His name is Raph. You, Mother, allowed me to get raped by your so-called friends. And you did nothing! You just kept letting it happen!! Ruining me."
"I was powerless in that situation, Leonardo, I am sorry. I can't resolve what happened in the past. I just want to be a part of your life. And your brother's.. I want to talk to your father.."
"My father has been dead for seven years now. Raph is getting married- he's finally happy- he doesn't need your drama."

"And what about that young man that was here? You want to tell me what's going on with him?"
My cheeks turned a little pink. "He's just a very good friend of mine."
"I see. And when were you going to tell me you were mayor of New York City? That's incredible, sweetheart!"
"Don't call me that.." I rolled the chair away, on the verge of a panic attack, and went into the kitchen.
She followed. "Don't be like this, Leonardo."
"Don't tell me what to do. I'm twenty-eight, not five. You need to leave." I opened a pill bottle, my hands shaking.
"I want to go to Raphael's wedding." She stated slowly.
"Out of the question." I swallowed a pill.
"Please, Leonardo? For me.."
~~
"Please Leonardo? For me.." My mother said to me. I was four years old, and Raph was just born. My dad had been gone for months now, and we lived in a very small room in her friend's house. It always smelled like cigarette smoke.
"I don't like it here, Mommy. The men are bad." I said in Japanese.
"That never happened, Leonardo. It was just a bad dream, sweetheart. We have to learn to put up with these people. They will take good care of us here.. and sometimes we'll get hurt but that's okay."