"... Maybe we should tell Percy."

My head shot up. "No. No! What will he think of me!"

Annabeth pursed her lips. "... This is about him. I think he'll be okay if-"

I shook my head hard. "No Annabeth. We're killing him." I moaned. "How can we ask him he wants us to kill him or not?"

She looked down. "Alright."

Hazel sighed. "Maybe we should have time to think."

Frank nodded quickly. "Yes."

People trailed out of the room, nobody comfortable with the idea of Percy dying.

Reyna sat next to me. "Victor."

"Yeah?"

"Annabeth can be right. She's smart. She might know whats best for Percy."

"... I know. But how do I tell him?"

She paused. "I'm not sure.... But he's not the one to hold grudges."

I sighed. "Thanks."

She hugged me tight. "I know. I know how you feel right now."

I cracked a smile. "I know."

She kissed me on the cheek. "Let's go."

"Lunch?"

"Sure."

~

No Percy.

No Percy there.

No Percy here.

No Percy anywhere.

No happy Victor here.

Time to enjoy my poetry.

Okay now time to freak out.

I didn't tell the other counselors. I had asked all the nymphs but they didn't know anything. Till a camper told me he had walked into the sea.

At that moment, I wanted to fish out Percy from the sea, strangle him, gut him, and hang him on a rack with squids.

Was he crazy? He had a cold! And he was jumping into the sea in the middle of the winter.

He wouldn't be avoiding me. Why would he? All I could do was wait for him to come up. I sighed.

Honestly, all I wished to do was make sure he was fine.

~

Percy's POV

"Can I help with anything else?"

Triton stared at me, and I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. Something between respect and the way he had looked at me a thousand years before.

So his gaze was giving respect to a cute puppy who just barked at him.

"... Yes. We need to organize and recount the troops."