Adieu

Regina

"Okay sweetie we are almost there." I said looking into the rearview mirror, Violet was sprawled out in the backseat and gripped Henry's hand with full force. The night sky was now a deep navy blanket over the world and the moon provided the dim light for our drive to the hospital.

I pulled up and then Henry and I helped Violet out and walked her inside.

"MY GIRLFRIEND IS IN LABOR!" Henry yelled rushing her to the front desk, I quickly met up with them and filled the nurse in who took the three of us to a back laboring room.

"Okay take everything off but this." The nurse instructed, handing the gown to Violet, she grunted and took it from her hands and leaned back into Henry.

"Mom, I'm gonna help her." He said walking Violet to the bathroom while she wailed in pain. I sat down in the chair and started fidgeting with my nail when I heard a loud screech then Henry poke his head out.

"She wants you." He said quickly, I nodded and walked into the bathroom where I found Violet gripping the handicap railings hunched over with her sweats around her ankles taking shallow breaths and screaming.

"Honey, relax, look at me." I said taking her shoulders and tilting her chin up at me. "Haaah! Grrrr! I can't- it feels!- HUUUUH!!" She cried gripping my arms, I nodded and took the crumpled gown from her hands and changed her into it, helping her out into the room.

Zelena was sitting in a chair with her stuff in the corner, she was waiting for them to come out so she could get situated.

"Alright! Come forward honey, I'm going to check to see how you're doing." Zelena said helping Henry scoot her up, Violet winced when she checked her and rolled her head back.

"You're okay sweetie." I said rubbing her head as my sister invaded her. "Okay sweetie, you're about three centimeters, it's going to be a while so we are going to help you through this to make it a bit easier." Zelena said yawning, the clock read eleven thirty at night and Violet whined in frustration.

I curled up in the chair and felt my eyes drifting off as Henry squeezed her hands and rubbed her forehead.

"UHHH! HUHH HEEE!! MY BACK!" She wailed, leaning over the side of the bed while Henry dug his knuckles into her lower back, making her groan. "The baby is right there! Uh!" She complained, holding the bottom of her stomach, I stood up and rubbed her arms while she leaned back on the bed. "Okay honey let's get you checked." I said waving so Zelena could come and check her cervix.

"ERRRR!! STOP PLEASE!" She begged, her contraction starting as she checked her. "Okay I will but I need you to breathe so I can remove my hand." Zelena instructed calmly, Violet started breathing and tried to relax herself until another one started.

After an hour of discomfort Violet was in full on agonizing pain, coming in spurts that scared Henry to death. "AHHHHH!! UHHH!!" She screamed in between quick and strong pants through her teeth. We had her hands while Zelena sat at the edge of the bed rubbing her knees, trying anything to soothe her.

"Maybe if she walks around the baby will come a bit faster." Zelena said to us, Henry nodded and helped his girlfriend up, keeping a hand on her back and the other underneath her stomach. We walked and she gasped quickly and nearly fell over, both of us lunging towards her to avoid any falling. "Uhh.. This feels much better, I can feel her moving down." She said a bit calmer, rubbing her hands up and down her large stomach.

"Gravity can do wonders." She said to Zelena who walked outside of the room and watched her grit her teeth and hunch over the large railing on the wall. "Owwww!! Uhhhh!!! Pressure! It's not stopping!" She yelled, I nodded and rubbed her lower back, she moaned and started to relax slightly, I smiled at her and walked her back into the room away from prying eyes.