Swan of the Night

Regina

I sat back and held my perfect child, words were beyond her description. I gazed into her blue eyes and held her against me, gently moving my finger up and down her soft cheek, her gentle crying telling me that her lungs were strong and clear. "I love you so much." Robin said to me, gently kissing my lips before moving down and kissing our daughter.

"She's incredible." He said moving his fingers over her hand. "She really is a cutie." Violet said walking over to me and sitting down next to David. "Thank you Violet, really, I'm so proud of you, when did you learn how to do all that?" She smiled but then her expression changed and she looked down.

"I uh, just followed my instinct." She lied, I tilted my head but she clearly wanted to drop the subject.

"What are you going to name her?" David asked kneeling next to me, I looked at Robin in question and he smiled at me. "Well-."

"I was thinking that Auntie Emma could see her." And suddenly my daughter was out of my arms and in Emma's.

"Emma! No!" Robin and I screamed, David shot up and ran towards his daughter and tried to snatch my daughter back, but she tossed him back into the cave, knocking him unconscious.

"Emma, please." I begged, using Robin and Violet to stand, they both shot up and grabbed onto me securely. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked wobbling over to her, she tilted her head and rocked my daughter gently, who was now crying. I lunged for her but she stopped me.

"I'm sorry Regina, no harm will come to her, but I need to help myself, my son needs his mother back and I can't stay like this." She said giving me a hard look before disappearing.

Violet

"REGINA SIT DOWN!" I yelled, she was trying to race after Emma, trying to yank the boulders out of the way.

"SHE TOOK HER! SHE TOOK MY DAUGHTER!" She wailed, her knees wobbling under her weight, her jeans staining with blood.

"Regina you haven't even delivered your placenta!" I begged, she doubled over in discomfort, I grabbed her shoulders and sat her down before I tossed my jacket over her and yanked her jeans behind me. I pulled the placenta from her and threw it in the hole that I had dug earlier.

"I'm going to get her!" Regina stated standing up, the blood still staining her jeans. Robin and David were still frantically trying to clear the cave with their hands.

"Regina, no. You will bleed out and die!" I cried, hot tears building up in my eyes in frustration, her stubbornness making me terrified. I grabbed onto her arm to try and stop her but all of a sudden we were engulfed in purple smoke.

We landed on the ledge of a green portal and I saw Emma holding the baby then jump into the swirling magic. I had Regina's wrist tightly gripped under mine and felt her leap into the magic, following her daughter inevitably.

As we fell I yanked Regina around me as I saw the ocean come into view. I plunged into the water and pulled Regina up from the water, kicking to the shore.

"Are you crazy!" I screamed, shaking Regina as I collapsed on the beach, she coughed and looked up at me. "We have to find her!" She groaned, I bit my lip and held her down.

"Regina. You need to listen to me. If you keep going you are going to die. What you just did, could have died! Do you really want your newborn daughter to grow up without a mother! Because Regina that is the worst thing for a little girl to go through! So I am going to ask you one more time, for the love of God, please just sit here!" I screamed, she just stared at me and didn't make a sound.