The Past

Violet

"REGINA LOOK AT ME CALM DOWN!" I demanded, her legs were shaking and she was letting out the most blood-curdling screams that I have ever heard, they kept erupting bad memories but I had to push them back to help her.

Robin and David had her balanced on both of their legs and securely locked in their arms. "I CAN'T! AHHHH THIS IS SO PAINFUL!" She wailed, her makeup was running down her face and she was looking down at the rough floor, her cries nearly paralyzing me with pain.

Two Years Ago

"Almost done mother! I can see her head!" I exclaimed, my training was finally paying off and I could barely contain my tears. My mother wailed and gripped my father and aunt's hand, I grabbed the blanket from the table beside me and got ready to catch the baby.

My aunt smiled at me and gripped my mother's hand tighter, they were both twins, barely thirty three and after many attempts and miscarriages this baby was finally going to bring joy and an heir to the family. My father was older and had a worried look on his face, holding his breath as my mother worked the last bit of the baby out of her.

"It's a boy!" I exclaimed, but the room was silent and so was the baby, I tried everything but my stomach dropped with dread. When I looked up I saw blood, everywhere, and my mother's face draining of it's color, her eyes were drooping and I didn't know what to do.

"Mother!" I cried, I quickly started massaging her stomach to try and get the placenta out but nothing was happening. My heart nearly stopped beating in horror when I saw my mother's chest rise and fall for the last time.

"No." I cried, my father whipped his head over to me and scowled at me. "This is your fault! Now I will never have an heir!" He shouted at me, tossing his gloves at me as he darted out of the room, leaving me with my aunt and my mother.

"Oh Anna, she really did try." My aunt said with tears rolling down her face, brushing her thumb up and down my cheek, I stood in silence, the shock and grief still sinking in.

I sat in the large pile of hay in the barn and stared at the ceiling, the warm inviting scent trying its best to make me feel better, but nothing could.

I sighed and decided to wander through the house, I at least wanted to speak with my father.

I creaked the door open but there was no sound that came out, not even the sour slurs of my father's intoxicated spells.

I ventured farther inside and saw him laying in his chair clutching my mother's wedding ring in his hand and his glass empty next to him, green drops of liquid sizzling through the wooden table.

My parents were dead, and it was my fault.

Present Day

"Regina. Please. Calm down, deep breaths." I said in a low but grave tone, she looked at me and I saw her squirm in pain but I inhaled dramatically, causing her to do the same.

"Good, just breathe while this one lasts." I instructed carefully, she started panting as it intensified and I prepared myself for what I would have to do again after all that time had passed.

"Alright Regina, I'm going to check your cervix once you're done with this one." I said steadying myself with a deep breath.

I quickly did it and sat back uncomfortably. "You're about seven almost eight." I said pursing my lips, Regina groaned in frustration and rolled her head back.

"Hey, this is the first time your body is doing this, it will take a bit of time." I said trying to encourage her somewhat. "Let's get you up, this is probably uncomfortable and walking helps move things along." I said standing, Robin nodded and carefully unhooked her arms from around their necks.