Love is Weakness

Regina
The Enchanted Forest

"But you're not pregnant." My mother said with concern in her voice, I grit my teeth and clenched the glass tighter, I absolutely did not want to do this but I had to show her that she could not control me, after years of living under her iron grip, I would not put my child through that. That torture.

"And now I never will be." I remarked, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible, showing her my emotions would only make it worse.

"You stupid girl! You think hurting yourself will make yourself stronger?" She said shaking her head trying to talk me out of it, I wanted more than anything to throw the cup at the floor and abandon the whole plan, but I couldn't. She thought I was weak.

"It will if it hurts you more." I took a deep breath and swallowed the amber mixture, I gave a triumphant grin when I lowered the cup, but then it felt like fire was tearing through my stomach, I groaned and then started to register what I had just done. "No. No!" I groaned, crumpling into one of my chairs, moaning in pain, I stared at my reflection in the cup and I instantly felt disgusted with myself. I heard my mother talking to me in the background which only angered me more.

"GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" I screamed, she looked genuinely hurt and stood up so she was standing over me. "I wanted you to have a child for your own good. I love you Regina, now here is the last piece of advice I am giving you, the only person standing in the way of your happiness is yourself." She said walking towards the door, leaving my life forever.

Storybrooke
Present Day

"Robin I don't want to talk about it." I said crossing my arms, he was trying his best to start a conversation with me about our future, but I didn't want to, Zelena had lost their baby and she was devastated, I was starting to feel some sympathy which was making me extra cranky.

"But if we do ever have a baby what would you want to name her?" He asked poking at my flat stomach, I smacked his hand away and scowled at him. "STOP ROBIN I SAID STOP!" I yelled, standing up and exiting the living room, I could hear him following me which annoyed me. "Regina what's wrong? I'm sorry-." I cut him off and poured myself some wine, running my head. "I asked you to stop and you didn't! You kept going when you saw that I was clearly upset!" I said with more force, he looked at me confused and sat down next to me, taking my hand into his.

"Regina what is going on? You always get upset when I ask you these simple questions. Do you not want to start a family with me some day? I'm sorry if I freaked you out." He said questioning me, I closed my eyes and shook my head, tears running down my face.

"Of course I want that. But I can't." I cried, he smiled and squeezed my hand. "Because of Zelena? That doesn't have to-."

"No Robin! I physically can't! I did something stupid when I was younger and I can't! And I just don't want you to get your hopes up." I sobbed, dropping my face into my hands, he looked shocked but I felt his gentle hands rub my back, then one of them tilt my chin up.

"Regina, I promised to love you no matter what, we have our sons and each other, that is more than enough, I love you so much and I couldn't think of a better world than one where we are all together." He said smiling at me, wiping my tears with his thumbs. I looked at him with pure love in my eyes. "Really?" I croaked, he nodded and caressed my jawline before kissing me sweetly. "All I want is a life with you and our children." He said pressing his forehead against mine. "But if I could, is that something you would want?" I asked looking up at him, he smiled and brushed my hair behind my ear. "Another little Regina running around with her mommy's looks? Of course!" He said brushing my cheek again, I felt better, but I wanted that too, and for a while it felt like children would never be a possibility for me, and now that it was, I cursed myself internally for the stupid mistake I made.

Zelena

I sat in my apartment and stared at the wall, my plan had failed, Robin left me, my baby died, and I was back where I started, alone and unwanted. Regina had been gracious and allowed me to keep my life, but I would much rather be dead. I had no family and no one who wanted me at all.

I got up and wandered into the other rooms in my apartment, the nursery that I had secretly set up when Robin was with Regina, off doing something that soulmates do. I sighed and wandered inside, the crib and rocking chair were still in the same place, awaiting the arrival of my child. I felt the stinging pain in my chest start to form again and I retired to my rocking chair, taking the blue blanket from the crib and holding it in my hands. "I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry I failed you, but you deserved someone better than me, that's why you were taken from me, but even if you were born we still wouldn't have been together, your father and your aunt would have taken you from me. Well I guess that we weren't meant to be together, but I want you to know that I love you, that you were the only thing that got me to get up in the morning, you were my light and my joy, but now you're gone and I don't want to do it anymore, I want to be with you in peace, and I am not even allowed to do that." I cried, the pain unbearably real.

I am sorry this is so short! I am trying to figure out where I am going with this! Please vote and comment! I love reading them!!
Xoxo ENT