douze ~ it's beautiful

Comincia dall'inizio

"I don't know!" he says annoyed. "I may have been her boyfriend, but I clearly don't know everything about her!"

"Dan, calm down," Al says.

"Yeah, we're just trying to get an idea of what might be on her mind," Officer Little says.

"Well I'm not a fucking mind reader!" Dan yells and puts his face in his hands and sets his elbows on the table letting out heavy breaths. He's no doubt crying.

"That looks like that's all we're getting out of him," Al whispers to Officer Little and he nods when they stand up. "Phil, take Dan to your room and you two need to get some rest, we're going to stay here and try and see if we can talk some things out," I nod and all the officers walk to the other side of the lobby. I gently grab Dan's arm and try to pull him up and he doesn't resist.

"Let's go back to the room Dan, okay?" I say and he nods removing his hands from his face showing his red eyes and tear stained cheeks. We walk to the elevator and go up to the room with Dan's constant sniffles to break the silence.

As soon as we enter the room Dan throws his arms around my waist and sobs onto my shoulder. I wasn't expecting the embrace but welcome it and wrap my arms around his neck holding him while he cries.

"Sh, Dan, it's okay," I say trying to sooth him but he just cries harder. "C'mon, let's at least get in the room Danny," he nods against my shoulder and I lead him in the room by his arm where we sit on the edge of the bed. I glance at him who was starting to sniffle again with tears forming in his eyes again. I back up slightly and cross my legs on the bed opening my arms. He nods and climbs in my lap leaning his head in the crook of my neck and cries more. I smile to myself even though it's not really a smiling moment. I'm just really happy that I'm holding Dan close to me. I tighten my grip slightly pulling him a bit closer and leaning my head against his. His cries slow down slightly and soon come to a stop. I look down to see him in the same position but toying with my shirt. "You okay Dan?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know," he replies and buries his face into my neck again so that this time I shiver as I feel his breath against it. "I just sort of freaked out, I'm sorry, Phil,"

"No, no, you don't need to be sorry," I say and he slowly removes himself from my lap and sits next to me awkwardly. "Anytime you need to cry, you know I'm here." he nods.

"I'm sure the police officers hate my guts," he says in a slight giggle.

"Well, fuck them!" I say and he gives an alarming look as I swore because it's not necessarily in my character. "I'm sure they don't hate you Dan, they all know that you're going through an extremely rough time, they don't blame you for anything," he shakes his head.

"I just wish that I could be more useful to them," he says and I scoot closer to him.

"You've given them so much information already though, with Chris, Paris, where she could be hiding," I say and he shakes his head in protest.

"They could've figured all of this out without me," he says ad sniffles again. We still just sit quietly when he backs up and lays down on the bed. "I'm going to bed, goodnight," he say climbing under the covers.

"Dan, it's five o'clock," I say in a slight giggle but he just pulls the covers up past his nose and rolls over.

"I'm tired, goodnight Phil," he says and I take that as a cue to stop talking. I stand up off the bed and walk over to curtains to close but can't help but stare out at the atmosphere. It really is amazing.

I close the curtains and walk over to turn of the light before turning the TV on a low volume and climbing on the bed on top of the covers next to Dan. I suppose I can just relax while he falls asleep.

~

I open my eyes to a dark room and the soft sound of a TV. I pick up my phone and look at the time. One? A.M.? Did I fall asleep? The last thing I remember was thinking that I was actually really tired from traveling. I don't actually feel tired so I probably passed out around six o'clock. I sigh and roll over to see an empty space next to me. Wasn't there a cute boy next to me?

"Dan?" I call out blindly.

"Over here," I hear a small sad voice say and sit up to see him sitting on the window sill. I yawn and get out of bed I walk over and stand next to where he was sitting.

"Did you just wake up?" I ask him and he just continues to look out the window at a lit up Paris.

"It's beautiful," he says just staring at the lights. "And to answer your question, yes, I did wake up about fifteen minutes ago. Maybe I shouldn't have fallen asleep at five." I giggle and sit on the window sill next to him looking out at the sights along with him.

"Nah, you deserved it," I say and look at Dan's face that had more tears on it. "You okay Dan?" I ask and he sighs and nods.

"I guess, it's just, I've always wanted to take Annabell to somewhere perfect like this," he says and I can see more tears escape his eyes. "I didn't expect something like this to bring me to the city of love, I thought it would be a honeymoon or perfect vacation, not a steak out." I sigh lost for words.

"So, you, you're not over her then?" I ask and wanted to slap myself. Why would I bring up such a sensitive subject, dammit?

"I am, Phil, I really am, but I can't help but miss her," he says and wipes away a few silent tears.

"I'm really sorry this happened, Dan," I say and he looks at me after slightly chuckling.

"Why are you sorry? It's not like this is your fault," he says smiling at me. I return the smile.

"I don't know, I just wish I could make you feel better. I can't stand to see you sad," I say and hope he doesn't take that wrong way.

"Just spending time with you is making me feel better, Phil," he says and I grin brightly and can tell that I blush.

"Okay then," I say standing up and walking over to grab my phone.

"Wait, what are doing?" He asks.

"We're going to order pizza and have a picnic up here to take your mind off of things!" I say and have no idea where that came from. I really hope he doesn't think it's stupid. I can see the corners of his lips curve into a smile and I can tell I made the right choice.

"You know, I would actually love that," he says.

"Same," I reply and search for a pizza places on my phone, or at least trying to find one.