Neuf

Neuf (Nine)

It was lunch time already, the morning past fast. I had fun; so far it is slowly going back to normal. Even if Allie and I are a couple or Alex is pregnant. Everything was going back to normal.

We got our food and then settled down at a table. While Allie and I were talking we were joined by Alex and Henrie. It kind of surprised me that now was probably going to have a new member in the group. We’re not going to be the three musketeers.

Not that I am jealous. Even with Alex pregnant. But I am surprised that 3 weeks ago, all I was worried about was if Alex would ever notice me. But I guess in the end, I ended up with Allie. I am so not lying when I say she is the best thing that happened to me.

Even after all those times I told her how much I liked Alex she was there for me hiding her feelings. Gosh I sound so selfish. When we would talk about who we like. She would always say someone from school. And when I would guess she would say nope.

But now everything is changed. And it’s like a new start. We ate and talked. Everything seemed so good right now. Well that until Damon came over.

"You guys don’t mind if Damon sitting here." Alex said. It wasn’t a question either way he was going to sit here. Allie, Henrie and I nodded. I went back to playfully feeding Allie.

"So did you guys make up or something?" Allie asked as she took a drink from her milk. She looked so beautiful in her t-shirt and blue skinny jeans. She was wearing her glasses it made her look more gorgeous than ever.

"Ya we did. After you, Henrie and Adam went to class; we talked in class of course. Since we both have Math. And we were thinking that we love each other so much that it would be a good thing for the ba- I mean him," Alex almost slipped out. I guess she remembered that Henrie doesn’t know yet.

"Oh," Was what Henrie, Allie and I said in unison. Damon sat in-between Alex and Henrie. Henrie had the same look I had a few seconds ago but mine disappeared.

I continued to eat. "Wait you said ba-him? Who is that?" Henrie asked. I looked at Alex. She was looking at us with helping eyes. “I am so confused”

"She meant us. Right Alex?" Alex nodded. She relaxed and mouthed a Thank you to me. We all went back to eating. Wow that was a close one. We ate in silence.

Well Allie and I went back to feeding each other. Then the bell rang to Math, Allie and I got our stuff and headed to our locker then to class. Alex went to her class which was the same one Henrie and Damon had. Great right ha-ha. I could kind of see that Henrie is starting to like Alex. I guess everyone likes Alex.

School was over so we headed home, Allie and I headed straight to my room. I was going to show her my hiding place. I decided on the way here from school that it’s time to show someone that I care a lot about where I go when I am hurt. So next time she won’t have to be worried.

We were doing homework, silently. I broke that silence. "Allie? I want to show you, the place I was at yesterday. I think it’s time to tell the one person that I really care about," I told her. She smiled and nodded.

"Ok" I got up from the bed and went and pulled down the ladder. Allie got up from the bed and headed towards me. I gestured her in and she did. I followed.

"I was here yesterday, thinking of everything that has happened the past few weeks. It’s where I go to escape from reality. I am still so sorry for making you feel worried." I said after a few minutes of silence. Allie hadn’t said anything; she is the only one that knows about this place.

"Well I hope that you can just talk to me about them. You can trust me. And I told you it’s alright" She said as she sat on the mattress. "This is quite comfortable, you care to join?" Her eyelids fluttered. She looks so gorgeous. Oh gosh what is she doing to me?

I lay on the mattress and pulled her close to me. "I hope that you don’t tell anyone about this room, it will be our little secret. Our hiding place you know when we want to be alone." I told her. I looked into her eyes. I could see happiness, trust...and fear? But I let it go.

We laid there on the mattress for a while then we had to go back to homework. When we finished it was dinner time, Mom called us over to set up dinner over the intercom. Yes, my Parents our that lazy to even go to my part of the house, but I like it. We installed it in every room.

We went downstairs and set up dinner than we began to eat. My Dad is here which is a miracle since he doesn’t come back until like 10 or something when were asleep. We talked like we used to before when my Dad used to work at home...I kind of feel like Dad, Drew and I are separating since Dad and I don’t talk nor do Drew and I talk.

Drew of course talked about school or cars or something not important. Mom would sometimes bring up Alex and how was she doing her and the baby. Allie and I told them that Damon was going to stay and get involved with the baby. And that Alex, Allie and I made a new friend and his name is Henrie James. Drew laughed at us because we sounded like a little kid eating candy when really I could care less and on Allies face it said the same.

After dinner we went over to Alex house, her maid opened the door and led us to Alex's room. She knocked and then let us in. We sat in Alex bed, Alex was in the bathroom probably she threw up or something.

"So I have been thinking maybe this Friday, you would want to go somewhere with me for our second date?" I said as I rubbed the back of my head. I was nervous because this is the second date you know. And we have been in silence for a while.

"Sure, I would love to go," Allie smiled. Then Alex came in. She had an apologic look on her face.

"I am sorry it’s just the baby make me feel sick," she said as she walked over to us.

"It’s okay, we know about the symptoms," Allie said as she nudged me in the stomach. I nodded.

"Ya we understand," I said.

We talked for a while, catching up on what we don’t know about what happened with each other. Apparently Damon and Alex are now back together and that they are going to get everything ready for the baby and that now he is going to be hanging around with us and were going to have to play nice and get along for the sake of the baby. I don’t mind much but it is what it is. I just hope this is the right decision that Alex is making. I just don’t like to see her hurt like last time.