Deux

Deux (Two)

"What? What do you have to tell me?" I asked urgently. She didn't look at me; her brown eyes were looking down. It was like she was debating on if she would tell me or not.

She turns to look me in the eyes. Her eyes filled with sadness and love. Then she whispered "I'm pregnant," I froze. I didn't know what to do. She just confessed to me that she is pregnant. She broke the silence. "I got tested today since I found out I was late and the test was positive."

I couldn't find my voice. The person that I like is pregnant but what hurts the more is that I’m not the father. Stupid Damon is. "What are you going to do about it?" I asked. She turned to me. She forced a smile but then she frowned. Her beautiful face is crying. And it hurts so much. Her eyes are red and puffy with mascara flowing down with tears leaving black trail marks.

"I don't know. I haven't told anyone but you," she said sobbing. I wrapped my arms around her. Her head on my chest. I let her sob on me for a while

"Shh...We'll get through this," I soothed her. She started to get up. I let her. She isn't mine anyways.

"Thanks. You're the best’s friend anyone can have. You're like the brother I never had." She said as she wiped the tears that were falling. Her words hurt me, she only thought of me as a brother. I found myself walking up to her. I took her chin and made her look at me.

It hurt to see her in pain. "Everything will turn out fine, are you planning on telling your Mom and Dad?"

"No, I'm going to have an abortion," she said. I was shocked at what she is saying. She is so against it, abortion. So why would she say that?

"What?! I can't believe what I am hearing," I almost yelled. I was so pissed right now. She knows why. “Why would you do that? That baby did nothing to you…” I trailed off.

"Adam, what do think my future will be like? College is going to be difficult with a kid. Everything in my life right now will change" she yelled at me. I could see regret in her eyes but it was quickly replaced with fear.

"Alex," I said calmly. We were inches away from each other. I lifted her head up, so we could both look into each other's eyes. "If you keep the baby...you might not have the life now but you will have a baby that is made from you and Damon, you will have someone that is a part of you. Someone you will love for a long time unconditionally, I will be there for you if you want me too"

I hated say it but I had to. I hated that she was going out with Damon and not me. I hated that she was going to have his baby not mine. But I am not that selfish and that baby deserves to live.

"Alex...if Damon is not part of the life of your baby...always remember that I am here for you and so is my family. You’re not alone" I told her. We were staring at each other for what seem like ages.

"Thank you Adam, you're the best’s friend that I have ever had," she told me. She climbed on her tippy toes to give me a kiss on the cheek. I just smile, I felt nothing. I thought I would feel heat but nothing. It was like any old kiss on the cheek.

We said our goodbyes then I went inside. I went straight to my room it is only 9 in the afternoon, I took a shower and finished my homework. I did a little extra credit it looks good on the college application. My dream college is to either go to Stanford in California or Harvard. After I was done I said good night to my parents and drifted into a peaceful dream.

I was kissing the most beautiful girl in the world. Full on making out. My body was warm from how close we are. I pulled away needing air. I came face to face to the beautiful girl. But then shock to over when I saw who it is. Allie. I was kissing Allie.

Then I woke up. I sat up thinking what is wrong with me.

Allie is one of my best’s friends. How can I feel that way about her? The way she laughs at the stupid stuff that isn't funny. The way she can be serious but be fun. The way her hair gets when she just got out of the pool in her bikini-stop!!

No-no but it's just a dream. It’s just a dream. I glanced that the clock. It is only 5:30 in the morning which means it leaves me with only 30 minutes before I wake up for school. But I decided that I want to take a shower instead. My shower was hot like I wanted it to be. It is of course August. Here in Florida it doesn't get that cold even in the winter.

I still can't believe that in every state it has snowed but Florida. Even Hawaii which is close to the equator. I sighed. I blame global warming.

Everything that happened yesterday...it came back. From the first day of school to Damon threating me to stay away from Alex to Movie with Allie. Then to Alex telling me about her being pregnant to me dreaming about Allie.

I am still confused about that, I like Alex since the 6 grade. I met Allie in the 9th grade. I have never had these feelings for her before...why now? Why haven't I realized these feelings for her? Then I realized what I am thinking, maybe Allie doesn't like me. I wouldn't stand it if she said that the feelings aren't mutual. I already feel rejected from Alex. Not from one of my bests friends.

I got out of the shower and dried myself. I looked in the mirror and drew a happy face ha-ha yes. I looked at myself, my somewhat muscles, my member average size, my wet black hair, I quickly thought that what if I had changed my image. You know like be a good-looking nerd, but no I decided to stay the way I am. What matters is the inside right?

I wrapped the towel around my bottom half then headed to my room. Good thing that I have the whole third floor to myself. I check the clock it said 6:10. Man I have been in the bathroom for half an hour. Wow I am that stressed. Who knew that a nerd can be stressed? Ha-ha I guess only over school.

I quickly got dressed, so that I can go downstairs to eat breakfast. School doesn’t start till 7:30 so I have like a long time. I got my stuff and headed downstairs.

I greeted my parents as I got a bowl of cereal. And Sat next to Drew, who unlike me is a jock that plays lacrosse. And is a total player. Actually he is one of Damon’s best friends. I know I am surprised too because he is an Eleventh grader we are one year of age difference.

The story of my life. Drew, his style of life is different than mine. He might be a nerd but he wears contacts. Some people don’t think were related because he likes to party and gets good grades while I get good grade and I don’t like to party. Yes, also he takes his looks from my Mom and I take mine from my Dads. He has brown hair and green eyes. I don’t, I have Black hair with blue eyes.

I finished breakfast then headed out the door to pick up Allie. I don’t know if Alex is going to ride with me. Yesterday she rode with Damon.

I got into my car, and then headed off. I stopped in front of Allie’s house and saw her waiting in the usual place. On her porch. She saw my car and headed towards it. She got in the car and we headed off to school.

------------------

Hope you like it. :D Comment and Vote!!!