Chapter 18 (Part 2)

Lauren's POV

[Flashback]

Lauren sat in her car, thinking of all the possible places Chris could be. She thought of the first place where she could check, the gun range, where Chris worked.

She quickly put her keys in the ignition and raced down the empty road, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Lauren had always believed that Chris could never do anything that would hurt her emotionally, because she had nothing to lose.

She was after all, an 18 year old girl, living in her own house and having only a few close friends.

She would have never thought that she would fall in love with anyone. And when she got closer to Camila, she didn't expect Chris to find out.

Lauren thought about all the times she spent close to Camila. Her heart swelled up at the thought of the petite brunette she loved.

There was a lot on Lauren's mind, but the alcohol from the drinks she had earlier had kicked back in.

Lauren didn't drink often at all. She had a glass of wine occasionally, but she wasn't much of a drinker. The two drinks she had, affected her more than she would have thought they would.

She felt her stomach tie up in a knot.

Lauren took a deep breath when she heard her phone ring, she picked it up;

"H-hellloo?" She slurred.

"Hey Laur, it's Tay. Dinah was wondering where you and Mila went, what do I tell her?" Taylor asked.

Lauren felt her head pound, she was suddenly unaware of which she should focus on: driving or answering Taylor's question.

She shut her eyes as she tried to concentrate on her breathing,

"Lauren, you still there?" Taylor asked, sounding concerned.

Lauren dropped her cellphone, she opened her eyes and noticed the fog affect that had taken over her vision.

She suddenly began to panic, her blurred vision gave her a hard time focusing on the road. She squinted her eyes and bit her lip, trying to make out the moving vehicles.

The car had hit a speed bump, causing Lauren to panic even more and swerve off the road. The vehicle spun around before colliding into a tree.

Lauren rested her head on the steering wheel, taking deep breaths.

She felt a shot of pain emerge from her head and travel down her body.

She grunted loudly at the unfamiliar feeling. She forced herself to sit back into the seat.

There was no doubt in Lauren's mind that she had just got into a car accident, a bad one at that. But she only thought about getting out of the vehicle and figuring out another way to get to the gun range.