[ 4 ]

[ Dedicated to leigh_  ]

[ Cassandra's POV ]

"And this, my dear Cass, is our secret HQ." Lisa finished, dragging me into what looked suspiciously like an abandoned classroom. 

"I was kidding about the HQ bit, by the way." She added, glancing back at me. "The boys and I come in here during free periods, to study or chill, since no one really uses this room anymore."

"I see..."

I watched as the blonde beauty collapsed onto an old couch, which was up against the wall, and exhaled.

"I'm so tired!" She groaned.

"School just started though." I pointed out, moving to sit on top of a desk. My fingers traced the outline of a heart, which someone had carved into the wood. Inside the shape were the characters "D+F", also engraved into the table.

"Yeah, yeah." She waved me off and slumped deeper into the couch.

It was first period, and after Lisa and the boys led me to the office to retrieve my school things, they happily offered to show me around. Well, only Lisa was happy, the boys grumbled the whole time. When the first bell rang, I checked my schedule and found I had two free periods, as did Lisa. I didn't know if the others had any, because they mysteriously disappeared the minute the loud, shrill bell echoed through the hallway. 

Lisa didn't seem too bothered though, saying something along the lines of "They're getting something, they'll be back." when I asked about their whereabouts. 

But getting what I had no clue. 

Lisa continued to show me around the rest of the school and when we climbed to the top of an old, two-storey building, that's when she stopped in front of the classroom we were currently in. Apparently, the whole top floor was hardly ever used, so the students claimed it.

I hopped off the table and walked over to the window, which was surprisingly clean for such an old building like this. 

Outside, I could see the ocean, a vivid blue that sparkled under the sun. 

Jesus, did every building overlook the sea here?

"Hey Cass," Lisa suddenly spoke from the couch. "do you-"

She was cut off by a male's voice. One that was extremely familiar. "We're back!" 

I turned and saw Shane barrelling through the door, holding a package wrapped in paper.

"And we've brought food!" Daniel added, coming into the classroom holding an identical package. I could see Jason trailing behind him, holding cans of drinks. 

At the mention of the glorious four letter word, I gravitated toward the boys, who had settled down around the couch Lisa was on. 

"How'd you guys get that?" I asked. 

"We're allowed off campus during free periods." Jason answered, ripping open one of the paper packages. 

The boys had bought fish and chips, and the smell was making me drool. 

"Let's eat!" Daniel cried, stuffing a handful of chips into his mouth. 

It didn't matter that I had eaten breakfast less than an hour ago, because after all, food was food. It was free food (well for Lisa and I anyway) too, and you can't say no to that.

"Don't eat too much Cass." Shane smirked at me. "We don't want you to end up getting sick, 'cause then you'll be Greene." He laughed at his own stupid joke, the conceited bastard. 

"Look who's talking." I scowled and resumed eating. 

Halfway through second period, the five of us managed to finish both packages.