Chapter Fourteen: Maternal Instincts

Amity's POV
~~
I stood up for the first time, very wobbly but sturdy. I took one step but fell.

"Psyche?! What are you doing up?" Healer asked helping me up.

"I feel fine, I just don't want to be bedridden any longer," I told her.

She nodded and called Andy over. When he got here, Juliet told him about my condition and he carried me.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Home."

I felt my face light up when we reached our dorm. As we entered, I noticed that nothing changed, except there was a room I'd never seen before.

"Andy, that room over there--"

"It's the twins'. CC helped build it. They used to live in our room with me, but when they turned 8, I decided that they should have their own room."

"Oh. You know, it's strange, not having you around for 14 years. Now, we're together like it should have been."

"Agreed."

He sat me on the bed and he caught me up on the girls' lives. The shenanigans and such that went on.

Then, the door suddenly burst open, Eve barged in in a panic.

"Dad! Dawn's gonna try to fly!"

Andy bolted out of the room, I followed close behind.

Once we were outside, I saw my eldest daughter unwrap the bandage off her back, wincing a little. Then, blue and white wings sprouted from her back.

I guess she had injured them badly because the next thing I know, she screamed in pain and clawed at her back.

"Dawn! What did I tell you about letting your wings heal?!"

She's the Angel...

I went to help Andy patch up our daughter.

"Dad, it hurts."

"I did tell you not to use them while they healed."

"That's what I told her, did she listen to me? No, cause she's stubborn!"

"Evangeline! Be nice."

"But it's true, she never listens."

I decided to help.

"I want nothing more than for you two to stop fighting, okay Eve? Dawn?"

I turned around.

She was gone.

"Where'd she go?! Andy?!"

"Calm down, this happened a lot when you...--you know--she'd run to avoid any arguments."

"Should I go find her?"

"You're her mother, do what you think is best."

I immediately thought of looking through the 'throne room' window in the chapel. I then headed there.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

I pushed open the heavy door and was met with a surprise. The room was dusty, glass and broken statues littered the ground, and bottles were everywhere, giving the room a thick smell of alcohol.

I gasped and fell into darkness.

________________

I saw a time lapse of after the so-called New Year's Day.

Andy had a breakdown and would spend time up here to drown his sorrows out with Ashley's stash.

He took out his emotions on the stone pillars and statues, except for the lion statues on each side of the throne.