Chapter Two: In Shackles Of Misery As Time Flies

Andy's POV
~~
[7 years after NYD]

"Dad! Eve took my jacket!"

"Liar! It's my jacket. Daddy don't believe her!"

I laughed, Dawn was the spitting image of her mother. She was way too hyper way too often, brown hair and eyes to match, that warming smile, and sassy when she wants to be.

On a side note, Jinxx has been trying to teach her to play the violin and she's now somewhat skilled at it.

On the other hand, Evangeline was a Mini-Me of--well me. Her black hair and blue eyes were mine; a sweetheart but could kick your ass if she felt like it. I heard her singing to the ashes of her mom one day, I didn't interrupt her, I just watched from afar. She sings beautifully.

"Evangeline, give Dawn her jacket back. I have yours cause I was washing it. I'll go get it for you."

I went to the closet in my bedroom and grabbed her jacket. When I went back to where the girls were, a cold feeling--like the one before--surrounded me. I looked around again and could've sworn I saw something through the boarded up window. I looked out and saw nothing.

"Dad, what's wrong?" I heard Eve ask.

"Nothing dear, don't worry about it. Here's your jacket."

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

[12 years after NYD]

"Dad? What's happening?" Asked Eve.

"Shadows, stay here and be quiet. I don't want to lose you two like I lost your mother," I told the twins, kissing them each on their forehead as they went inside the bunker in my bedroom..

Once I felt they were safe, I ran towards the other guys' dorm. Passing the Chapel, I saw as Juliet was being pulled out of the door by a Shadow. I used my telekinesis to send a wooden stake through the Shadow.

The Shadow screeched in pain, let go of Juliet and turned to ash.

"Thanks," she told me.

"No problem."

Before I could leave to help the Wild Ones, Juliet grabbed my shoulders.

"What is it?" I asked.

She turned me around.

The twins were watching the whole time.

"Dad! You have powers?!" Yelled Dawn.

"What're you two doing here?! I told you both to stay in the bunker!" I scolded them.

"We wanted to help, Dad. Now answer her question," said Eve.

I sighed in frustration, "Yes, your uncles, aunt and I do.

"What about us?" Asked Evangeline.

"You'll get yours soon."

It was true.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~

[13 years after NYD]

"Dad, look out!" I turned and saw Dawn throw herself in front of me just as a staff came at me.

I thought I had lost my daughter too, but I saw white and blue wings sprout from her back that protected her from harm. A strong wind threw the Shadow back and made it disappear.

I decided then and there, that in time, my daughters were to become Legionnaires.