Chapter Six: Family

Dawn's POV
~~
I couldn't sleep, the dream I had was bugging me. Ever since the thing with the Matriarch, I've been thinking about my mom.

I got up from my bed and went into the closet next to Dad's room.

There was a box I had found about a year ago, I found it and pulled it out, careful not to wake anyone.

Opening it, I felt a weight on my chest. There was a faded photograph of Dad with a woman in a black flowing dress.

Mom...

Under that, there was a handful of paper with words scribbled on them. I've never read them before, so I pulled them out.

"Rebel Love Song", "Lost It All"...

My eyes watered reading them, I didn't know why.

"Dawn? What're you doing up? It's late and you should be asleep," rushed Dad.

"What are these?" I asked.

"Dawn, why did you bring that out?"

"What would Mom say if she was here and saw this shoved into the dark corner? What would she do-"

"But she's not here!" Yelled Dad, I could see tears in his eyes, "She's gone and I know she's not coming back because you hadn't been the one to carry her body and watch as the Mystic and Mourner cremated her in front of the entire Legion!"

His words and the way he had yelled them made me hold back tears. I shook my head disapprovingly at him then ran towards the front door.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~
Andy's POV
~~
I fucked up.

Through my tear blinded vision, I could see Dawn look at me disappointingly and run out of the house.

"Dawn, I'm sorry!" I called to her.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~
CC's POV
~~
I was on my way to Andy's dorm when I saw Dawn run out wiping her eyes.

Jeez, I wonder what happened...

Worrying about Dawn's safety, I turned around and ran after her.

I followed her out of the Camp and I saw her heading to the forest. My worry grew as she disappeared. Entering the forest, I heard rustling and followed that. I heard stone being moved when I recognized where I was. I headed towards a cave from long ago and saw the stone was moved.

I sighed knowing I found her.

I entered and saw her huddled in a corner, crying.

I took a step and was met with a circle of ice

"Who's there?" She asked, looking up with puffy eyes.

My heart broke a little seeing how hurt she was.

"It's your Uncle CC."

The ice disappeared.

"How did you find me?"

"I followed you after seeing you run out of your dorm. When I lost track of you I realized where I was and knew where you would've gone."

"Oh."

I sat down next to her and gave her one of my signature CC hugs.

"Let me tell you a story. Before you were born, your mom wanted me to show her around the Camp. When we got back, your dad and the others had a party for me on my birthday. Even though we ended up having to fight Shadow versions of ourselves, it was pretty fun."

She laughed.

"What's so funny?!" I asked, giving her a noogie.

"She practically babysat you!" she burst into a fit of giggles.

I joined in as well and after a while, I hugged her harder.

"Don't be sad Dee, if you want to stay here I can make some stuff for you."

She nodded.

I made a small bed and a fire pit for her.

"I guess I have to see myself off, get some rest and I'll get you in the morning okay?"

"Okay."

I walked out of the cave, putting the stone back but left a small opening and walked back to the Camp.

I need to talk to Andy...