A Lesson In Lying

Start from the beginning

"Well I know for a fact Mr.Gladson is out today. So I may have misinformed the substitute about a field trip we have scheduled next month. Then I flirted with the costume director in the drama club and got you that pretty getup you have on there." he relayed his story to me.

"You make a worthy accomplice. I made a good move choosing you." I decided taking a seat at the teachers desk.

"Why thank you Mrs. Hastings. Just remember to use a southern accent and to keep those glasses and wig on." Nate reminded me before taking his seat in the front of the class. Not five minutes later, the bell rang and students filed.

Coincidentally, Reese, Laurel, and I all had the same class. No pressure right?

Let's fast forward thirteen minutes into class.

"So what you're saying is the willow tree actually spoke to Pocahontas?" A lanky kid in the back asked.

"Yes." I nodded in my best southern drawl.

"That only happened in the Disney movie." another kid retorted.

"You fail for the day!" declared.

"What, why!" He cried out.

"Because you have doubted Disney thus putting bad vibes into the universe." I paused and cupped my ear, "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" the kid raised his eyebrow.

"That was the sound of a rainforest burning. That was a direct result of your bad vibes." I snapped.

"This sub is the best!" Reese cried out happily high fiving Nate who gave me a knowing smile.

"Anymore questions?" I asked politely. Then my worst nightmare raised her hand. "Y-yes?"

"Where did you get qualified? Because my I.Q has dropped dramatically just listening to you." Laurel said snippidly. The entire class chuckled and I resisted the urge to send her to detention.

"Let's get back on track-" I said feigning a smile, "in Pocahontas two we see that Captain John Smith returns. But our girl is already into this new guy Dick Wolf. Now he's cute but he's not like our babe John Smith."

"Isn't it John Rolfe? Dick Wolf is the guy who created Law & Order." Laurel said, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Is this relevant?" Nate asked...or demanded.

"Shh! This may be on the next test." Reese hissed and scribbled down notes, "Team John Smith..." he muttered to himself.

"Alright that's all I have for you monsters. You may talk amongst yourselves." I waved them off. No one questioned me after that. They all split up into their small cliques happily.

Picking up a random text book I began to skim it....okay not really. I just wanted to eavesdrop on Reese, Nate, and Laurels conversation. Apparently I was their topic of discussion.

I'm flattered.

"I woke up this morning and she was long gone." Reese told them.

"She's hiding from me. What she doesn't realize is that I'm persistent." Laurel said determinedly.

I gulped and tried really really hard not to pee my pants.

"Why do you sound like you want to kill Matey?" Reese asked her.

"Because I do want to kill her. The midget left me alone with Hans yesterday!" she cried out in frustration.

"And that's bad because....?" Nate raised his eyebrow smirking knowingly.