Hope

READER'S POV

For the past two days, Toothless has been trying to break out of the cell.

It never works.

But, today is the day.

My wedding.

Just saying it makes me want to end my own life.

"Toothless......"

"No. No. No....... UGH!!! STUPID BARS!!!"

He charged at the bars but I held him back.

He blushed at my touch.

"Toothless....... Ill miss you......"

"CANT YOU JUST NOT MARRY HIM?!!!"

"I'm scared he'll hurt you...."

"I DONT CARE!!!! PLEASE DONT MARRY HIM!!!! Please......"

"He'll make me either way...... I figure if I let him take me, he'll leave you alone........"

"But........."

"He didnt give us a choice. He said he would marry me and let you live, or marry me and kill you......."

"But Id rather die....."

I sat next to him and lay my head on his chest.

"Remember what I said in the dream?"

"Yeah. I hate you for that....."

A tear ran down my face.

And I looked up to see he was crying too......

I heard some loud footsteps walking to our cell.

"HELLO THERE MY FUTURE WIFE!!!"

I glared at him through the cell bars.

"OH HO HO DEAR!!! WHERE'S THE LOVE?!!! THE WEDDING IS TODAY!!!! ANY LAST WORDS BEFORE YOU WALK THE AISLE?!!!"

"I will never love you. My heart belongs to one person and ONE person only."

"I never said you had to love me!!! I only want an heir to the Bezerker Tribe. That's not all. I want a beautiful wife to admire and show off..... and you my darling, are perfect....."

"CANT YOU JUST KILL ME?!!! I DONT CARE!!! JUST KILL ME AND LET HER GO!!!"

"I could kill you, but since my new wife agreed, I have to let you live.... GUARDS!!! KNOCK HIM OUT!!!! YOU!!! TAKE MY SISTER AND MY WIFE AND LOCK THEM IN THEIR HOUSE!!!!"

I heard Heather struggling and yelling as two guards marched her out by the arms.

I watched in horror as two bulky ones marched into our cell and knocked Toothless out with one swift swipe of a bludgeon.

"Come here now, my pretty....."

I kicked and fought but he slapped me a couple of times.

Toothless, please get up.... I thought.

He lay lifelessly on the floor as I started to cry.

"Come now you two, the wedding is in 6 hours."

He threw Heather and I into a room.

I heard to door click shut.

"LET US OUT!!!"

She pounded on the door and charged at it.

"Heather....... its not going to work..... even if we could escape, we would still have to save Windshear and Toothless......."

"R-right....... I just dont want you to marry my brother....... He'll...... he might hurt you..........."