Chapter 31

Well, hello everyone! How are you all? Thanks for your votes and comments, I love u all my readers. HUGS!

Here's the next chapter. Enjoy...

_________________________________

_________________________________________

Pushing through this foggy state, this weird foggy state, that had like trapped her for God knew how long... she tried opening her heavy eyelids. It felt like, someone had layers and layers of lead laid on them.

"Ramona... baby?"

A squeeze on her hand; someone calling out her name with so much worry; a euphoric scent surrounding her - that she recognized as soothing...

Slowly, she opened her eyes. It was difficult at first to see through her foggy vision, but as that soothing voice murmured in her ear words of comfort and encouragement, she blinked and let herself get used to the blast of light after being so long in darkness. It was still so difficult to keep her heavy eyelids open, especially when she was feeling extremely sleepy as well.

Evan's worry clad face looming over her was the first thing she saw, she watched him as he stared at her, as he held her hand. And her heart soared.

He had found her.

She had won. No. They had won.

"Evan..."

She let his name roll on her tongue. Her dry throat croaked. Lifting a hand up she rubbed her throat and winced a little. It felt like a blade was shoved inside her throat the moment she spoke up.

Evan was quick to have her sip some lukewarm water from a glass. "Is it hurting too much? I'm calling the doctor."

Evan pressed a bell just upon her bed as the water soothed her soar, aching throat a little.

"Here, let me help." Evan said seeing her trying to sit up and wincing for the shooting pain in her ribs. Slipping a hand underneath her waist, he carefully, and very gently pulled her up and slipped a pillow behind her.

Evan noticed her still rubbing at her neck. "It would feel soar for a while when you speak but the doctor said that isn't harmful, it would go away soon. Just don't talk too loud." He said softly.

As the doctor barged in followed by a very smiley nurse and began checking on her, Ramona leaned against Evan's shoulder. He had his one arm wrapped around her. 

She let herself relax against his warmth. Memories of everything that took place after Lucas abducted her appeared in flashes in her mind. She recalled his crazy violence, her fear, the despair she felt as he dragged her back to that hell she had once escaped from and the escape was not without a price. The price of loosing her child.

Julius! Where was he?

As soon as the doctor left, Ramona turned her body slowly to look straight at Evan.

"Julius?"

It took a moment for Evan to say something, not because he didn't understand her but because of the anger he felt rising inside him. "Coraline had found him, by then I... we were going crazy looking for you and Julius everywhere in the fair. He was crying so pathetically when Coraline gave him to me. He's alright now, though. Whining a lot and asking for his mama constantly, but is alright."

Ramona noticed Evan's face contort in anger, his lips set into a thin line. She felt her stomach drop. "Are you..." She coughed at again being hit by the stabbing like feeling in her throat. After Evan had helped her sip some water again, she continued, slower than before, "Are you angry at me?"