Chapter 21

When every now and then, this abnormality of his heart made it very clear that it was not going to stay dormant anymore Evan got to the conclusion suddenly - he was in trouble. And this cause of his trouble now was asleep by his side, on his single-hospital bed. Evan was a big man and her lying beside him didn't give him any space to move away, not even an inch. It's not like he was interested in moving away from this serene creature, anyway.

Sylvester walked in the room to halt in his steps by the sight before him. He did a double take. Evan and Ramona snuggled up together gave him a picture of a couple - deep in love... attempting to seek comfort from each other.

"Evan." He whispered trying to get the man's attention who seemed to be drowned way beyond looking at the face pressed against his shoulder.

It took took two more tries for Sylvester to have Evan snap out of it. Sylvester smirked knowingly when Evan looked embarrassed and tried to hide it.

"Is Harry here in the hospital?" Evan asked after a couple of seconds.

Sylvester stood by the bed eyeing Ramona with concern. "Yep. He's getting lessons from Oliver about How to ask the cute nurse on a date. The man is like a love guru in a wheel chair guaranteeing success of his services. Julius's with them too, apparently your son's Oliver's new student."

Evan made a mental note to have a very serious talk with Oliver later. The guy needed to back off a little from his social duties, apart from saving his own self from drunk drivings that led to deadly accidents now Evan had to save his son from Oliver's lessons as well.

"When Ramona wakes up, tell him to take his sister and my son home. I need to have a few words with you." Evan said, his face depicted seriousness.

Sylvester had an inkling idea of what Evan was going to talk to him about. Evan's face, that anger shimmering behind his pupils didn't get unnoticed by him. He could tell that Evan knew all about Ramona.

Sylvester just nodded at Evan and watched as Ramona stirred a little.

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If that bastard is in the jail then how can he be chasing Ramona just this morning?" Evan was standing in front of the window, he had his body weight leaned against the wooden frame.

Sylvester gazed at the very angry looking man before him and pinched the breeze of his nose. "Have you seen him chasing Ramona, Evan?"

Turning around to face Sylvester, Evan shook his head. "Ramona was certain that it was him."

"But have you seen him with your own eyes?" Sylvester asked again, calmly.

Evan looked out the window again.

"It's a possibility that she was hallucinating it. Being a patient of clinical depression for a long time, she used to have hallucinations. She had been in trauma for the loss of her baby, she still have nightmares about her time with Lucas, especially about that night..."

Evan gritted his teeth, he didn't want to listen it all over again. It made him want to burst out of his own skin in rage and break something. "I know! Ramona has told me everything." He snapped.

"She was so scared, I've never seen someone so broken." Evan mumbled after calming himself down. "It's hard to believe it's just her brain playing games with her."