19.

Present Day

I walked down SHEILD's corridor. Fury was holding a meeting of the Avengers and insisted on me going. Even though I argued a lot I ended up losing, like usual. I don't see the reason for me being there since I am not an Avenger.

I walked in the room and saw everyone sitting there except for me and Fury. There was an open seat next to Natasha. I sat down and looked around the room. Tony was tinkering, Bruce was playing with his fingers, Thor was swaying his hammer, Clint was polishing his arrows, Nat was staring at the ceiling, and Steve was tapping on the table.

" Steve if you don't stop tapping I will personally shoot you in the head," Nat threatened.

I realized it was early in the morning but everyone seemed to be dead. I think they had a mission last night.

" Look alive. I have some important news for all of you. Well actually two things but I will save one for tomorrow since you don't have any missions today," Fury said walking in the room.

" This news better be good if you called us here this early in the morning," Tony grunted.

" It is. There is a new member to your team. Bella you are the newest Avenger," Fury said.

I was filled with joy. I could tell everyone except for Nat was happy for me.

" I realized at the battle of New York last year that you may want some help with stuff like that. Bella you are perfect to fill the hole in the Avengers," Fury said.

With that he left the room. I was so happy to be apart of the Avengers. I have been working with these guys for a while but Fury never let me go on missions. I think it was because I just recently got a hang of my powers. I can apparently read thoughts.

" Yay. I am so happy for you Bella," Steve said.

" Good job squirt," said Tony.

" My girl," Thor said.

These six people in the room have been my best friends ever since each one got here. Tony is a good number of years older than me so he calls me squirt all the time. Everyone started moving out of the room. I got up from my chair and stated heading for my office.

Fury let me have my own office since I have been here for so long. I started working here when I was fifteen and now I am twenty six. I am one of the longest working agents here next to Fury.

" Hey there Bella," I heard form behind me.

" Oh hey Thor," I said.

I remember when Thor arrived to Earth in New Mexico. I was one of the agents working there. I also remember him coming back for the battle of New York. A couple months after that he came back and he has been here ever since. He also knows I specifically asked not to be apart of the New York mission.

" Congratulations Bella on being apart of the Avengers. You can come on all our missions now," Thor said.

" I know I am so excited. I can't wait to see the world with you guys," I said.

" Oh hey. You still where that bracelet. I am surprised," Thor said.

" Thor you know I love you like a brother. Even if you were my brother I still wouldn't tell you why I still keep it on. Oh and how is Jane doing," I asked trying to change the topic.

" She is good and I didn't ask why you still wear," Thor laughed.

I gave him the look that pretty much indicates that I read his mind. He just rolled his eyes and laughed while nodding his head.

" I will see you later. I am going back to my room to get more sleep," Thor said walking away.

I nodded my head. I turned around and kept walking to my office. I do still wear the bracelet but not because I still love Loki but to remind myself never to let anyone close to me like that again.

I heard the ringing of my phone breaking my thoughts. I looked down at my phone to see it was Peter calling. I smiled to myself and answering the phone.

" Hello," I said.

" Hey there Bella. Are you at work," he ask.

" Yeah I am. I had to come in early this morning, I had a meeting. I also have some really exciting news to tell you."

" Really? What is it?"

" Fury made me a part of the Avengers. I am an Avenger!"

" Yay. I am so proud of you. Tell everyone to go to Bertucci's tonight. We are going out to celebrate."

" Yay okay. I got to go. I should probably call my mom."

" See ya later."

" Bye."

I hung up the phone. I immediately called my mom. I told her the news and of course she told me she was proud of me.

After I was done on the phone I went around to everyone's offices and told them to go to Bertucci's tonight. They all agreed to be there. I was so excited to celebrate with all of my friends tonight.

A/N

I am so excited for this part of the story. Yay a whole new part.

Bella still wears the bracelet Loki gave her? Why can't she let go of it?

I hope you all like it.