15.

Read the author's note at the end please.

I woke up to the sun shining bright through the curtains of my balcony. Tomorrow is the day of my surgery. Tomorrow is the day I become an Asgardian forever. I will spend my life here, spend it with Loki. I sat up in my bed and stretched. I got changed and went down to the training courtyard. 

Sif was sitting on a bench clutching her sword. Loki and Thor were battling it out right near her. Thor obviously had the upper hand considering he was significantly stronger and taller than Loki. Loki wasn't giving up though. I walked around the brothers and sat down next to Sif. 

" Hey. Loki told me about your decision for the surgery," Sif said when I sat down. 

" Oh. Yeah," I smiled. 

I watched the two boys and Thor knocked Loki to the ground. I jumped up a little wanting to get to Loki but Sif grabbed my arm and pulled me down. I looked at her and then looked at Loki. Some sort of power surge came out of Loki's body. Thor's body was thrown backward and he hit the ground hard. I jumped up from my seat.

" What the hell was that," I yelled.

" Bella, relax. Everyone in the their family tree has certain powers. Loki's power is mind control and stuff like that. Thor's is thunder and lightning. There is nothing for you to worry about," Sif said. 

Loki walked over to me. He had scratches all over his face.

" Why didn't you two tell me you have powers," I asked both of the brothers.

" I don't like having powers and I rarely use them. They just slipped out then. Thor, well he loves them. I don't know why he hadn't told you," Loki said. 

" Everyone, meet in the center square," Odin's booming voice yelled through the courtyard. 

I walked over with Loki, Sif, and Thor. Odin was standing in the middle of the courtyard with a giant hammer stuck on the ground. Odin watched us walk over and once we stopped walking Odin started talking again. 

" Today, both of my sons will see which one is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir. Only the most worthy will be able to lift it. We will start with my youngest, Loki," Odin said. 

Loki hesitated a little bit. Thor nudged him a little. Loki walked up to the giant hammer. He put his hand on the handle. He started pulling on the hammer as hard as he could. The thing wouldn't budge. Loki let go of the hammer and walked back to me. I could tell he was upset so I placed a small kiss on his cheek.

It was Thor's turn. He walked over to Mjolnir and placed his hand on the handle. He tugged on it lightly and it came right off the ground. Everyone there cheered, except for Loki. Loki looked hurt. 

" My son Thor will be the future king and ruler of the nine realms," Odin claimed. 

Loki stomped away and walked right in the castle. I ran after him and followed him to where ever he was going. He walked past all the doors and went into a part of the palace that I didn't even know existed. He walked through two big wooden doors. I followed him. It was a library. 

" Loki," I said. 

He had sat down on a chair and slammed his head down on a table. I could tell he was upset, maybe sad but also a hint of anger. 

" Hey. It's okay, you shouldn't be upset," I said placing my hand on his back. 

" Oh yeah Bella! Why shouldn't I be upset? I shouldn't be upset at the fact that my father knew that Thor would be able to lift the hammer so he made me go first? I shouldn't be upset at the fact that my father made a fool of me in front of the kingdom? I shouldn't be upset at the fact I will never be given the chance of being the king," Loki yelled. 

I jumped back in fear. I started backing up from him. He startled me and I didn't know he could be that quick at snapping. I had tears brimming my eyes. He looked at me, his expression softened but was still stern. 

" I-I uh-um am uh. S-sor-ry," I stuttered out trying to hold the tears back. 

" Bella, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. My father just gets to my head sometimes. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you," he said. 

" I am sorry Loki but you are wrong. You do have a chance of proving yourself. Win the kingdom over. Do things that make you the heart of the kingdom. Your father would do what is right for the kingdom and if they like you he would make you king. Prove yourself through the people. Even if that doesn't work you have me," I said. 

Loki looked up at me like I said I was god. He smiled and grabbed me and spun me around. I placed his lips on mine and stayed there for a moment. 

" Bella, you are a genius," he said. 

" I should probably go get some rest. I have that surgery tomorrow," I said reminding him of that.

" That's right. Love you," he said. 

" I love you too," I said walking away. 

I went to my room. It was still early in the evening but I need rest. I can't believe I am actually having this surgery tomorrow. I am getting rid of my old life and being with the one I love. I will still go and see my mom but I will mostly live in Asgard. I am really nervous, but excited. 

Odin's POV

" I can't believe you are going to do this to the poor girl," Frigga said. 

" Frigga, it's what I have to do. She has been filling Loki's head with ideas that aren't any good there," I explained. 

" I actually think she is good for him. He loves her and she loves him."

" Frigga, I am not asking your opinion on this. She is telling him ways he could prove himself to become king. I am not letting a frost giant rule my kingdom." 

She looked at me sadly. She always loved Loki like an actual son. She knows he would never be king. Loki needs to get it in his head that he will never be the king. I don't care what that boy thinks. 

" Odin, if you aren't going to think about Loki at least think about Bella. She is going to go through both physical and emotional pain," Frigga said walking away.

I knew what I was doing. Bella is going to walk away from this and she is going to live. Her life may change but she will still be alive. 

A/N

There is some big information in this chapter. Don't forget that I want someone to send me covers for the story. I would greatly appreciate it. I will accept them until the story is done and trust me I am nowhere near being done.