3.

" Oh um. Hello my name is Bella," I said.

" I have seen you around the hallways today. You look pretty cool," Stacey said.

" Um thanks. I gotta go," I said trying to walk away.

" Hey wait. Do you wanna hang out later?"

I was startled by her question. I had just met this girl and she just asked me to hang out with her. I don't want to hang out with her but I don't want to be rude and say no.

" Listen last year I was new. I had a lot of trouble fitting in and making friends. I just figured I would become your friend so you don't have to be alone," she said.

" Yeah sure. Do you mind if we go to your house? We aren't done unpacking yet and it is kind of a mess," I answered.

" That would be perfect," she said.

She came over and gave me a huge hug. I was kind of shocked at first but I hugged back. I didn't want to be rude.

She finally walked away and I went to find Peter. I wondered around the hallways hoping to find him but I also had to get to my next class.

The next couple classes were blurs. I kept thinking about Stacey and how random her question was. I was also thinking about Peter.

For some reason I couldn't get him out of my head. He was the first person in months to talk to me and I felt such a connection with him. I don't like him like that but I can't get him off my train of thought.

I got to the cafeteria and I was looking all around for him. I finally found him sitting in the back of the cafeteria all by himself. I sat down across from him.

" Hey there Bella," he said. 

" Hey Peter. I have to tell you the craziest story," I said.

" What?"

" I was in the hallway and a girl named Stacey asked me to hang with her after school. Naturally I said yes because I didn't want to be rude."

" Wait. Stacey asked you to hang out and you said yes? Are you crazy?"

" Yeah, why?"

" Bella. She isn't normal."