PART 30

There was only a day left for that big wedding day. Some of them were happy with that merger where some of them were counting times in reverse with a big heavy chest.

***
It's was early morning.

Nandini was seating in the bed and recalling Manik's last night words. She was standing in the crucial phase of life where in spite of having everything she had nothing. She had lost her family but she was blessed with The best parents of the world , Maan and Niyonika whom she loved very much.

She had Manik, her childhood companion, her best friend whom she considered as her one important part. Her soul mate.

And then she was getting Married to someone who like her knowing the fact that she didn't feel the same for him but respect. And for a girl respect was most important thing.
But Love !!!

Without love was there any value of a relationship? They said it was the base of any kind of relationship.

But she didn't love Harshad. Though he had confessed of his likeness for her. But love?? Did he love her? Was she doing any wrong with him? She was confused. She was feeling like shouting standing at the edge of an alone aisle but there was no one who could hear her plead and helped her to get rid of her messy complicated life.

****

She sighed and thought to start the day with Niyonika and Maan.

So skipping the morning jog she hot freshen up and came out of her room. Before going down she as per habit peeped into her next room to find a very usual thing which she loved the most.

Her monster, best buddy was sleeping on his stomach wearing just his Red super man boxer and the satin black duvet was lying one fourth on him and rest on the floor.

That scene always made her day. She couldn't stop the smile spreading over her face. She moved to him slowly adjusted the duvet over him. Then without disturbing that man-child sleep stealthy pecked on his hairs.

Manik stirred in sleep with a smile . She was about to leave but something stopped her.
She turned back and saw Manik was holding her hand in sleep. She chuckled as it was not a new thing. He most of the time had stopped her to leave in spite of sound sleep. She smiled and sat beside him.

And the next thing surprised her. As soon as she adjusted herself beside him, he moved closer to her lap and placed his head on her lap digging his face on her stomach wrapping his hands around her waist.

She mesmerized that best start of her day.

She gently caressed his hairs when his even sleepy warm breaths were fanning her little belly.

Suddenly he heard him murmuring something in sleep. She leaned closer to him and heard

" Nandu... I am sorry. Don't leave me na. " he murmured in sleep.

Tears escaped from her eyes. She felt the pain in his pleads. But she had no other choice. She sighed and whispered

" It's late Manik. It's late. It's wake up call "
She couldn't held more and ran out from his room.

***

" good morning mom. Morning papa "
she greeted Maan and Niyonika who were busy with morning coffee and preparations seating at their lawn.

" good morning princess " they greeted back happily.

" but what's this? In this bright sunny day why my sweetheart's face is looking pale ?"
Maan side hugged her and asked while she sat beside him .

" nothing papa. Just tired with all these functions. " she denied.

They understood but even they didn't want to start their day with that sad things.

As it was her last day at their home, at her home they wanted to celebrate the family time. But only Manik was missing in that family portrait. But even fate wanted to bless them with a family time . And they saw the very rare morning riser was approaching towards them yanking and rubbing sleepy eyes

" What's up "
Manik came and greeted them with same half naked attire that means he didn't freshen up yet.

" Oh my my... look who's here " Niyonika exclaimed. Manik sat beside Niyonika.

" kya baat hai Manik Malhotra you woke up that too now ? It's only 7 . I think your watch has ditched you showing you your wake up time three hours earlier. "
Maan mocked and made fun of him.

" Whatever " Manik frowned and pout and slept on Niyonika's lap. All started laughing.

After a long time they were having that family gala time with laughing leg pulling .

" Achcha... now its late. Beta you go and get ready. Sab aatehi honge. " Niyonika told Nandini.

" for what ? " Manik who was still sleeping on her lap eyes closed asked.

" for the haldi " she replied ruffling his hairs.

" haldi ? Like that holi na? "
He excitedly jumped out of her lap and sat straight.

And everyone chuckled as holi was his favorite festival as colors with Nandini fasinated him.
But Nandini became sad again.
Because for the couple of time she almost had forgotten about her departure of this mansion, Her wedding. as she was happy with those people and house where she belonged. But with that haldi topic again made her remember that she was only one day guest of that house.. of her house. And her sorrow did not left unnoticed by them.

" Nandu..."
Maan squizzzed her shoulder a bit to console her. And said " You will remain the same what you were ...you are now , Our princess . And this house it's still and will be yours like Manik. " he wiped her tears .

" Papa... " she hugged him tight.
" shhh... shant.. Papa's darling "

Maan rubbed her back.

They said right there was no better place for a daughter to share her pains without dad's embrace. Only a father Could give you the warmth the assurance the care the love you are longing for. And for fathers their daughters are their pride their princess. That's why all the girls pray for her Mr. Right to be like her father.

Though Nandini had lost her biological father but she had Maan , her
circumstantial father who loved her more than his own son.

The mom and son just awww the father - daughter duo.

Manik was feeling very restless seeing her sobbing. so to enlighten the situation he got up and knee-led down infront of Nandini and said taking her from Maan's embrace

" Do you have any tanker fitted in your eyes. 24*7 supply. India ka kitna kaam aati tum. Common yaar it's holi . "

" Haldi " Niyonika and Maan corrected .

" Yaa,,,, I mean haldi. Whatever " he frowned and continued " And you know na I am quite infamous in playing nasty holi. Sooo... "

he raised his brows in mischievous way and Nandini understood his naughtiness and playfully hit his stomach.

" ouchhh " he winced fake pain. And they all brush into laughter.

****