PART 16

IT'S COMPLICATED

It was night. Malhotra mansion seemed distressed unlike the usual days. They had dinner quietly. Manik didn't join them at dinner table as he was out for his recording.

After dinner Malhotras were having coffee. It was like a tradition of them.

They were sitting in the lawn where the Butler came with coffee tray.
Nandini eyed him to leave. So keeping the tray he left. Nandini then poured coffee in a cup and offered to Maan.

Then she took another cup and
forwarded to Niyonika. She was damm upset. Her big eyes became puffed signalling her cried for the whole day.

"Mom" she waved the cup in front of her.

She looked at her. It was a blank look. She took the cup from her.

" Mom I know you are upset. But try to understand na. Isse koi v khus nehi rahega? Manik doesn't want it. Forcing only will lead to the destruction. And I can't afford loosing my family all over again. So jaisa hai Please accept the truth that we are not meant to be. We cannot be together. " Nandini started crying.

Niyonika recalled Manik words. He said the same. Niyonika hug her and thought

" even your words are also same dear. You both thought like the sides of a coin. Aalag fir v ek.. then how are you saying that you both are not meant to be.? I have faith in my god. "

" shhh... don't cry. I can understand. Sab thik Ho jayega baby. " Niyonika rubbed her back.

*****
Recording studio

It was around 10 pm. But yet they did not manage to record one song as the lead singer had lack of concentration.

" seher me hu main tere. . Aake mujhe....
Ummm ... cut cut. "

Manik sat holding his head removing the speakers .

" Manik what's wrong with you?" Cabir asked.

"Kahan khoya hai tu? Dhyan Kahan hai tera? " Mukti retorted.

He replied nothing but
" take a break " he left disturbingly.

" Aaj hua kya hai buddy ko ?" Dhruv said and Aliya left behind him.

Manik was standing keeping his hands on the car bonnet as a support.
Aliya came and placed one hand on his back. He turned around.

" What happened Baby? " she asked.

" Nothing " he stood leaning back to the car.

" tell me baby . You will feel better. " she slipped her hands around his neck. But today day he was too lazy to remove her hands off him.

" I am tired. " he replied.

" ohhh baby... come to my place I will give you a massage and you will feel better. " she hugged him. He didn't hug back.

" no I think I should go home " saying he swiftly pushed her away from him and got into the car leaving a fuming Aliya behind.

********

Nandini was rolling on her bed. She was trying hard to sleep but her eyes were too desperate to meet their respective eyelashes. She was thinking of all the fiasco happened in the entire day. She was upset on herself as for the first time she had made Niyonika and Maan cry. That guilt drifted her slumber away.

She was recalling and getting more distressed. " Aaiyaappaa why everything is so complicated !!" she frustratingly prayed.

*****

First of all thanks a lot for liking my ff. And sorry for chotu update.
Keep liking ignoring the mistakes.