❦Chapter 8 : Coffins

Start from the beginning

(Y/n) bowed, "Thank you..!"

In the following moments, the doorbell of the front door of the shop suddenly rang. The first customer of the Undertaker with assistance from (Y/n), entered; it was an old man. He feverishly pleaded, "Please, inspect this body who has been brutally murdered! I need to find out who did this...!"

The old man had a closed hand-made wooden coffin in his carriage, as he led (Y/n) and the Undertaker outside. They moved the wooden coffin into the Undertaker's shop and proceeded to do the autopsy, as the old man waited outside in his carriage nervously. (Y/n) swiftly collected the needed utensils for the Undertaker to operate the autopsy on the body. She avoided any glances to the body and blood. It was too much gore and bloodiness for her.

The Undertaker started humming a tune and tended to the body, snipping it open and whatnot. The skin of the corpse was cut like paper in ease. (Y/n) looked away as she heard the organs being removed and the splatter of blood. After the Undertaker finished the autopsy, he transferred the body into a coffin and went to tell the old man of his findings. The old man seemed happy to hear the details of how that person died, as he figured out who killed that body, and went to report it to the police.

(Y/n) washed the bloodied utensils and cleaned the table. The Undertaker smiled, "I do not feel lonely with you here! I feel quite happy!" (Y/n) smiled, "Oh, Undertaker, that is flattery..." The Undertaker pouted, "I speak the truth, dearie~"

(Y/n) was flustered and started nervously tripping on her own words, "I mean, I speak the truth too; it is silly not to be honest, right? Telling the truth is good like-,"

The Undertaker suddenly had (Y/n) in a loving embrace. (Y/n) stifled her gasp and was frozen in shock. Her eyes widened at Undertaker's arms around her. The Undertaker spoke in a serious almost leering tone, "Shh, my dear... You speak too much when you are shy haha~ Do you not believe that I think you are absolutely beautiful in my eyes?"

Undertaker's silver grey bangs were swayed away from his eyes and revealed a pair of bright emerald like pupils staring into (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes. (Y/n) was even more speechless at the sight of Undertaker's breathtaking eyes that he always hid behind his bangs.. (Y/n) commented in a shaky timid voice, "Y-your eyes are stunning, why hide them?"

Gently, the Undertaker caressed (Y/n)'s face with his cold hand and traced his long black nails on her cheek, teasingly.

Undertaker's face softened and he leaned his face close to (Y/n)'s face just enough that their lips could almost touch. He breathed, "It is the ugly scars that I am insecure of.... Plus, my eyes are too alluring for the normal human eye...." (Y/n) felt her heart racing at Undertaker's lips barely brushing against her own lips. She then asked, "...Too alluring for the normal human eye...?"

The Undertaker smiled sadly, "Oh dear, I myself am a shinigami, you know. I collect souls. Beautiful souls. Lost souls. Innocent souls. Sinned souls. All kinds of souls.... But your soul I must say is quite intriguing to me... Not that I am after your soul or that anyone is, but you are special, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) nervously blinked, "My soul? What is so special about my soul..?"

Undertaker's smile widened and replied, "I won't say, love~"

He pecked a kiss on (Y/n)'s forehead and stepped away from (Y/n) respectively. (Y/n) blushed at his sudden kiss. Her heart was still pounding hard in her chest.