Chapter 27

Lloyd

" Who's there!?" I called.

" A little cliche don't you think?" A voice rasped. Fog covered the ground, giving the forest an eerie look. A set of red/purple eyes glared at me from a tree.

" Um, cliche?" I asked, not sure what the word meant.

" Over used, done before, been there, done that. Kapiesh?" He hissed.

" What does-"

" SHUT UP!!" The voice screamed.

" No need to be rude!" I shouted back. A low chuckle came as my reply. " Why are you laughing?" I asked.

" Oh, I'm just surprised that you haven't realized who you are speaking with yet......" He rasped, jumping out of the tree.

" Well, who would I have the cursed honor to be speaking with?" I asked sarcastically.

" You myopic mortal....." The voice hissed. " You defeated me, stole my army from my grasp, and destroyed my evil paradise!! So, I captured your family, hoping to show you a lesson! You have trespassed onto property of the Overlord!!" He screeched.

" Overlord!! I defeated you once, I'll defeat you again!" I shouted defiantly.

" Now don't get ahead of yourself." He hissed, waving off the threat. " And you wouldn't. You are in a forest, a place of beauty. Many people are up here, and one blast of Golden power could destroy thousands of trees." He said.

" Yeah, good point. Give me back my family!" I plead.

" For a cost......." He drawled.

" I only got, like, three bucks on me." I said, pulling out my wallet.

" Not money, you fool! You humans are so foolish... How could the First Spinjitzu Master ever take a liking to your kind?" He said, rolling his eyes.

" What are you talking about!?!" I shouted, putting my wallet back in my pocket.

" I'm the ghost of my former-self. When I was a human. You think you know the tale of how Ninjago was created? How there was always darkness, well you don't!" He shouted. " There are two sides to every coin, Lloyd. I think it's time you heard my half of the tale...." He said.

" Never!" I said defiantly. I tried to move, but I was frozen in my spot. " Of course...." I mumbled under my breath. " Evil being with unimaginable powers..."