Chapter 12

Sensei Garmadon

" This is going to be epic!!" Lloyd shouted, hoping into the canoe, making it shake violently to the verge of tipping over.

" Lloyd!! Don't do that!" Cole shouted, hopping out and steadying the canoe. Lloyd shrugged and turned around and faced me.

" Come on, Dad!! Get in the canoe!" He said, taking a paddle off the floor of the canoe, and began bouncing. I shook my head and smiled.

" You are going to tip the canoe." I said, hopping into the front of the canoe.

Cole pushed the canoe off the sand bar, and hopped into the back, paddle in hand.

" Alright, Sensei, paddle on the right side, and I'll paddle on the left." Cole instructed, using his paddle to push us even farther away from the sand bar. I nodded and began paddling.

" What about me?" Lloyd asked, expectantly.

" You can.......Be the captain of the middle seat." Cole said, paddling at a slow, smooth pace. Lloyd crossed his arms infront of him and began pouting.

" Lloyd, stop pouting." I told him sternly, focusing on the lake ahead of us.

" Only if you let me paddle." He said. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

" Fine, for a few minutes." I said. Lloyd jumped up and began jumping up and down, shaking the canoe.

" Lloyd!" I shouted, as I lost my balance and fell into the lake.

Lloyd

" Dad!" I shouted, sitting down in my seat and looking over the edge of the canoe. A minute later, he popped out of the water, gasping for air. I sighed a sigh of relief, but my relief quickly diminished when I saw the disapproving look he wore on his face.....and it was aimed at me. He swiftly got into the canoe and picked up the paddle.

" So, I can't paddle?" I asked quietly.

He sighed and said " No, Lloyd. You may not paddle the canoe."