Chapter 17

Jay

" AAHH!!!" I screamed. I grabbed my elemental blade and shot lightning through the window, and into the next tent. A blast of ice came as my reply.

" Jay, you nicompoop!" Zane hissed.

I chuckled. " You said-"

" I don't wanna hear it." Zane said, cutting me off. " Did you hear the Sensei talking to Misako?"

" Only the end of what he said." I replied.

" Same, what do you think he meant?" He asked.

" Why are you asking me? I'm the nicompoop, remember!" I reminded him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

" I sense we will know in the morning, now get some sleep Jay......We will probably have Sunrise Exercise once again....And we should apologize to Lloyd." Zane said.

" No, really? I was thinking we should just push him off a cliff!" I replied sarcastically. Zane rolled his eyes once more and returned to mediating. I rolled my eyes and laid back down. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning......

Lloyd

I woke up to a sunny morning. I sat up and ran my hand through my messy hair. I dreaded going outside of my little shell of protection. But I had to. Last night my parents had asked me what had been bothering me lately, and I didn't tell them, trying to protect the ninja.....So maybe, by the end of this trip in four days, I would have heard a ghost story.....and wouldn't have been scared. I opened the flap and stepped outside. Silence. The ninja were still sleeping, and Uncle Wu wasn't up making tea. I turned and walked to his tent. I unzipped the flap.

" Sensei, you didn't wake us up fo-" The tent was empty. I blinked a few times before believing it. " Sensei?" I called, crawling ot of his tent. He was nowhere. I walked over to the van and opened the backdoor. Empty. Panic began to set in as I checked my parent's tents.....and they were completely empty.

" Mom! Dad! Sensei!" I shouted, looking around frantically. Cole popped his head out of his tent.

" Lloyd why are you shouting?" He asked.

" They're missing! My parents, Sensei Wu, they are just gone!" I shouted.