Chapter 14

Later that night.....

Lloyd

I sighed and put down my Fritz Donnagan comic book. My dad was probably so mad at me. I took my cellphone off of my stomach and pressed the small circle button to check the time. Eight-thirty. It had been exactly ten hours since the canoe fiasco. A mosquito buzzed around my head and landed on my nose. I blew it off and zapped it with my lightning. I sighed and sat up. Someone walked by my tent, turned around, and came back. My mom came in a moment later.

" I almost missed your tent." She said, laughing quietly. " Mind if I come in?" I nodded.

" Is dad alright?" I asked.

" He's fine. It was just water, Lloyd." She said, sitting next to me.

" He seemed pretty mad at me."

" Well, I don't think he had plans to fall in the water in his kimono."

I paused before continuing. " Are the ninja still mad at me?"

" I bet they'll get over it soon." She said with a wink. " Aren't you going to join them for a few ghost stories around the fire?" She asked. I shook my head and hugged my knees. She looked at me for a moment before replying.

" Did the stories scare you last night?" She asked. I let go of my legs and rolled my eyes.

" What? Come on! This is the Golden Ninja you're talking to! I defeated the Overlord with a broken leg! If I wasn't scared then, a few silly tales won't scare me." I said.

" Good, then you'll go join them for stories?" She asked. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

" Yeah, I guess." I said under my breath.

" Good, 'cause they're expecting you." She said, leaving the tent.

Oh man......now I can't back out....