For Ethan?

I'll respect your choice.

I'll try.

I kissed Annabeth on her forehead and for once, I actually thought that life was worth living.

~

"Why not we put this here instead?"

I frowned. "Why? Isn't it harder?"

A few cyclops and some campers bustled around the Demeter cabin as I talked with Beckendorf.

"The Demeter cabin always complains about the Stolls. We can put the planters closer over here. They come here through this gap. We never had time to fix it." Beckendorf explained.

I nodded. "I see." I smiled slightly. "I remember when I went pranking with the Hermes cabin."

He smiled. "I remember making fart bombs."

"The Stolls have a way of convincing people. And slipping out at the last moment not to get in trouble."

He shook his head. "They're real pranksters."

I nodded.

"Don't you have to go?"

"Yeah. I need to go check the other cabins and go help with the big house."

"See you later."

I walked to the Apollo cabin, hoping to find Will instead of Victor. Of course, I had rotten luck and had gotten a scolding and a scowl rather than a smile.

Silena had a broken leg, but she was limping around pretty well organizing the campers and getting them to work. Piper was helping a lot. The Artemis cabin had some of the minor god's campers. I could see many of the cabins were being built quite quickly.

Someone wrapped their arms around me from behind. I smiled.

"Annabeth."

I could feel her snuggling in my back. I could see her brown gloves. I turned around, and she kissed me on the cheek.

"It's nice to see you."

"Ditto."

She laughed. "Going to the Big House?"

I nodded. "I wanted to know how much money we can get from the strawberry fields next year. It is New Year's day soon."

"Me too!"

"What. You want to make a temple?"

She nudged me. "A fountain."

"I like that. But what about in the winter?"

"Do you think Leo could make a magic water heater?"

"Maybe."

She linked her arm in mine. "Lets go. It's freezing!"

We walked quickly, but somehow hesitantly because just one more moment with each other was wonderfully perfect.

~

The Big House was nearly done now, thanks to the cyclops my dad had sent.

The biggest cyclops bowed to me and I aknowledged him. I bowed my head to Chiron, and he patted me on the back.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through such trouble in camp." he said, leading us to the makeshift room.

"It's fine." I avoided his swishing tail.

He set a cup of hot chocolate infront of both of us.

"Are you sure that Tartarus is gone?" He asked worriedly.

Annabeth nodded, taking a sip out of her chocolate. "We're sure."

"... What happened?"

She hesitated. "... I'm not supposed to tell you."

I deflated a little. Something that she couldn't tell me. I had thought we were close enough to trust each other.

Chiron nodded, relaxed.

"You two made up?"

I coughed on my hot chocolate, grabbing a napkin. My cheeks were red. I looked away from Annabeth and Chiron, avoiding their eyes.

"... We're dating." Annabeth finished, flustered.

Chiron nodded, amused. "I see. Why are you two here?"

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Well... We wanted to know how much money will be spent on the strawberry fields. We need to know so we can see how much land we need for the farms."

Chiron frowned. "We used a lot of money on rebuilding the cabins. We won't get much money."

Annabeth nodded slowly.

Chiron covered everything up with a smile. "I should go help with the big house."

I stood up hastily, brushing off my pants. "Me too."

"Victor told me not to let you work."

"It's fine." I said, irritated.

"My boy, every person needs rest. You've been working since the sun rose."

Annabeth grabbed my hand. "We'll go grab something to eat then Chiron." she chirped.

She pulled me out to the pavillion, which was suprising intact. The campers must love food. Annabeth grabbed two plates with burgers and fries. She gave a plate to me and sat down in front of me. I took a big bite out of my cheeseburger as she stared at me. I tilted my head.

"Why?"

She smiled, leaning her chin on her hand.

"Just thinking how beautiful you look today."

I smirked and batted my eyelashes, making her laugh. We ate in a comfortable silence, admiring each other.

~

Lotsa Percabeth!!!!

Why Me?(Third book of Call me Omega)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें