I was set perfectly on a chair and I noticed my surroundings; the balcony. "So we don't like this, not hanging out with us, thing." Jett cleared the air. Hmm, I was close.

"I apologize for finding friends that care about how I feel, I'm so sorry, I feel horrible." I replied emotionless. The balcony went silent and they all stared off for awhile. "Are you dating him?" Matt finally asked.

"And what if I said yes? Then what? Would you disown your best friend? If you never wanted me with him in the first place, you shouldn't have kept my hopes up this long!" I stood up and walked off.

"What'd they do to you in there!?" Zayn panicked. "They asked me stupid irrelevant crap that I rather not talk about." I said as I felt my cheeks get hot. Ugh, why were they suddenly so irritating now?

"Come on, someone needs to go make me some coffee at her job now." Zayn grinned, pushing me outside. Ew, work.

*

"Esme, can you help that customer?" Wilson begged. I sighed and hopped off the counter, sliding my phone in my pocket. Little did he know I was telling Fin everything that happened because my poor baby was sick. Sad face.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I plastered my fake happy smile on my face at the old lady. "Can I have a pumpkin spice latte and a slice of coffee cake?" She asked. I nodded and entered in the prices before saying, "That will be $7.86!" She handed me the money before I started on the coffee.

What human liked pumpkin spice lattes? No offense but I hated pumpkin spice. Icky.

"Here you are, enjoy your day!" I continued to fake smile, handing her the food.

I sighed again, hiding in a corner so my boss Wilson wouldn't find me again. I'm such a horrible employee. The door chimed, queuing Wilson's senses as he yelled my name. "UGH." I groaned, appearing again.

It was the one and only....soccer team of Rosewood High. I would be happy if it wasn't Louis waiting patiently at the counter. I casually stood in front of the cash register, waiting for him to speak.

"Uh, Niall, wanna take this one?" He looked back at the swarm of sweaty guys. The blondie perked up, making his way past the others. "Hey babe, I didn't know this is the coffee joint you work at! How are you? I haven't spoken to you all day!" He smiled. Asdfgjkl, he called me babe.

"I'm at work, it sucks balls." I mumbled. "Awe, when do you get off?" He asked, setting his soccer ball on the counter. "At eight aka in three hours." I answered with a smile.

"Esme, this isn't some flirting shop! Get to work!" Wilson glared. "Yeah, yeah!" I waved him off. Niall laughed and said, "Can I pick you up and go see a movie then?"

AH, first date? Maybe? WHERE'S FINELY WHEN I NEED HER.

"Sure. But before I loose my job, what can I get for you sir?" I said changing into my fake happy self. He laughed again and analyzed the menu.

"Eight caramel iced coffees and ten of those yummy chicken salad sandwiches you guys make." He ordered. "That will be a total of $21.75!" I spoke cheerfully. "Will, I'm broke." Niall complained. Will rolled his eyes and handed me the money.

After filling up the coffee cups and getting ten flipping chicken salad sandwiches before giving it to Wendy the waitress. Ha, she was meant to be a waitress with that name.

"Esme, I need you to get more whipped cream from the back!" Wilson shouted. And this was my life, getting whipped cream from the walk in fridge. FML.

"Hey now, hey now, this is what dreams are made of!" I sang as I got the can and handed it back to Wilson as he laughed at me. "I wonder why I don't fire you." He started to say. "Then I remember I need you to run tables for Susan because she's running late."