six ~ do you recognize this girl?

Start from the beginning

"Have you met her family?" he asks. Dan raises a hand as if about to answer but I see him put it back down.

"No," Dan says. "But I've heard all about them! She still lives with her parents about fifteen minutes from here."

"Have you ever been to her house?" he asks seeming to be more interested in the conversation. Dan is silent and looks down.

"No," he answers truthfully. "She tells me that they don't want her to date someone who is of age while she isn't so she told me to stay away for my own good!"

"Have you ever even seen her house before?"

"Yeah of course I-" Dan pauses as if he has just recalled something. "No, actually, I don't think I have." Officer Little nods.

"So, you still really think you know her all that well?" Dan nods his head and the guy lets out a heavy sigh. "Look Dan, I'm going to explain all of this in the best way possible. And you're going to have to make sure you listen and try your best to not interrupt." Dan nods. "Look, Dan, your girlfriend isn't who she really says she is, in fact she's lot more than that."

"So are you trying to tell us she has a double life and is actually a pop star like Hannah Montana?" I ask and two eyes look up at me standing in the back. "You know like, you get the beeessst of both worlds, chill it out take it slow then you-" I stop when Dan gives me a "keep going and you're dead" warning look. I look down and take a step back.

"Sorry for getting rudely interupted," Dan says. "Continue,"

"Actually, Dan, Phil is somewhat right," Dan looks up at him and his face is mot likely a confused one. "Yes, he is slightly right believe it or not."

"H-how?" Dan stutters. The officer sighs and reaches under the desk to pull out a folder that had the same name on the door, "Kaydee Hartmon case." He pushes it to Dan but Dan hesitates to open it.

"Dan, I want you to look in this folder and tell me if you see your girlfriend, Annabell." I can tell that Dan nods slightly and I creep slightly fore ward to look over his shoulder at the folder he begins to open. "You can look at too, Phil." Officer Little says. I nod and take a seat next to Dan raising his eyebrow at the contents in the folder. I pull it slightly towards me so I can see too. I lift up what seems to be a newspaper article with big words at the top "BURGLARY." I can't read the paper considering it's in another language, but there's a picture at the top of a girl with dark hair, dressed as a burglar, holding a gun in one hand and a bag of money in the other. I pick up another article that happened to be colored to see a headline "Kaydee strikes again". This newspaper is American and has pictures of two men who were shot dead by "Kaydee" whoever that is. I pick up another newspaper article that I can recognize to be Spanish and see A girl with long, lighter blond hair holds a gun pointing towards police man. I set the pictures down and so does Dan.

"I'm sorry, but I think you're mixed up with someone else," I say and begin to push the folder back but the officer stops me.

"I'm not," he says seriously.

"Yes you are!" Dan protests. "My Bella doesn't have dark brown hair and carries a gun! My Anna doesn't have long hair or rob stores! She's the sweetest and least threatening little girl in the whole world! She has adorable big glasses and short blond hair! That's NOT my girlfriend!" Dan says with his voice growing louder every word. The officer sighs and opens the folder again. He reaches in the back and hands Dan a photo of a girl. The girl had brown hair that hung far past her shoulders. She had freckles that litter her face and had dark brown eyes.

"Do you recognize this girl?" The officer asks. Dan shakes his head but the officer pulls out another photo from the back. This one is of Annabell. Now I can see it. The small nose. The big eyes. The high cheek bones, the freckles. This girl really is Annabell.

"No," Dan breathes out and slams the pictures on the table. "This is NOT my girlfriend!" he shouts and the man sighs again.

"Look, Dan, I know this is hard for you to admit to, but your girlfriend has been lying to you for quiet some time." Dan shakes his head.

"No she isn't. We tell each other every thing. What on earth could you possibly thinks is going on with her? What has she done?" The officer pulls out the newspaper articles again.

"Let's first start off with saying that her name isn't really Annabell," the officer says. "Believe me Dan, you're not the first one getting this talk, she's manipulated many people in her days." Dan just looks down at his entwined fingers not saying a word.

"Well, then if she isn't Annabell Gordell, then who is she?" I ask.

"Have you boys ever head of the Kaydee Hartmon case?" Both of us shake our heads. He sets the newspaper articles in front of us. "There's a girl going around, named Kaydee Hartmon, and, basically, she's the most wanted in half the world."

"Annnd?" Dan says not wanting to believe this. I can honestly say I don't believe it very much either, but I'm starting to see what the officer is getting to.

"Well, she's killed seven people, robbed fifty-two stores, and held fifteen people hostage," My eyes widen. If this is Anna, then holy shit. We've been good friends with a serial killer all this damn time. "Once she robs a place, or commits crime, she changes her look, and moves away. Far away."

"So this doesn't mean that Kaydee is my Annabell," Dan says. "You don't even have proof, just because they kind of look alike, doesn't mean my girlfriend is a serial killer!"

"Dan, we caught her talking to a man yesterday that has been in with Kaydee on this scheme the whole time." he takes out more pictures of the folder and hesitates to give them to him. He then hands Dan three of the four that he had. I lean over his shoulder and see pictures of Annabell in a coffee shop with a good looking man our age talking to her and then he passed her a gun. The last photo was of them leaving and spotting the man with the camera and Annabell was holding a gun towards him. I look over at Dan who just looked at the photos dumbstruck. I don't think he knows what to do with his thoughts right now. He just stares at them with his mouth parted slightly and his eyes show confusion. "Oh, and um," The man hands him another photo of the man and Annabell kissing. I look back over at Dan's face which was now covered in tears. I rest my hand on his shoulder lightly trying to comfort him. "I'm sorry Dan, but Annabell is Kaydee Hartmon."

god why do I love this concept so much?

plus if you're reading this, I REACHED ONE THOUSAND READS ON THE SUPER AMAZING SATURN PROJECT HOLY FUCK NUTS!!!  i know there are a bunch of other phan writers reaching like 30k and 70k but one thousand means the world to me I don't know why, it's not that big of a deal in reality but I feel so accomplished. :) thank you!