Chapter Twenty-Six

Khadijah's POV

Neighbors were now opening their doors and coming outside to watch the drama unfold. The sounds of people screaming, doors slamming, and things being thrown most have attracted them. I looked down at the ground as if it would hide me from their judgemental gaze. I noticed that some clothing had fell out of the suitcase so I bent down and hurried to put them back in. People were still staring. I had an urge to say something but I didn't want to make an ever bigger scene. I kept my mouth shut and focused on the the clothes. A few seconds later, the front desk man came over.

"There's nothing to see here, guys. Go back inside," He said.

Nobody listened. Tony kneeled down and helped me gather me things.

"Would you like for me to call you a cab?" Tony asked.

"Y-yeah sure," I quietly replied.

All my things were back in the suitcase so I zipped it up and walked down to lobby. Tony went behind the desk and dialed some numbers. I stood there awkwardly trying to get my thoughts together. An older black woman came over to me which pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Honey, I was so surprised when I heard Chris was moving his girlfriend in. There was a different girl walking out of his room every night," She said while shaking her head like she was disappointed in him.

Of course he's been cheating on me the whole time. I was swearing up and down to Kiana that Chris would never do such a thing but I was wrong. I've never felt stupider. I looked past the lady at the ground. What was I supposed to say? Thanks for telling me? I didn't want to talk, I wanted to get out of here.

"You deserve better," She stated.

Sensing the fact that I didn't want to talk, she walked away. I could still hear the murmurs of people discussing what they had witnessed. I was incredibly thankful when Tony informed me that the taxi would be here in a minute or so. I grabbed my suitcase then went outside to wait. Earlier today, the weather was very pleasant. Now, the sun had been taken over by clouds. It was unusual for Los Angeles to be windy and dark. People were obviously surprised. I could tell because the streets were completely vacant. There wasn't a soul in sight except for my taxi that had now pulled up.

"Where to?" He questioned.

"The nearest, nice hotel," I answered.

The ride was a speedy 10 minutes. I paid the man then jumped out. The hotel was more than nice, it was definitely high class.

"Hi, is there any open rooms?" I asked the woman at the desk.

"Sorry, you can only get a hotel by reservation," She responded.

My day has been terrible and this is not what I need.

"Can you please make an exception for me? Listen, I've been having the worst day. I cheated on my boyfriend, then I found out he cheated on me and then he kicked me out and I have no where to go and-" The words were flying out of my mouth. I couldn't even control what I was saying. I only stopped talking because I was almost in tears again.

The woman eyes opened widely. I'm sure she wasn't expecting for me to have a break down. She turned to her computer screen and started typing away.

"What kind of room would you like?"

I wiped my eyes to get rid of some tears. "Um, I don't know. I guess a simple one. Just one bed."

She gave me my hotel room key in exchange for my credit card. The room was $500 a night. After I paid, I went up to my room. As soon as I got in, I jumped onto the bed. I didn't take of my shoes or even turn on the lights. I just wanted to lay down. I had been sleeping all day so my chances of going to sleep now we're slim. My only option was to stare at the ceiling and reflect on the day.