Chapter Twenty-Three

Khadijah's POV

Chris didn't even blink. His eyes were open wide and staring right at me. They were also slightly red, probably from crying, which made him look even more terrifying. I felt so uncomfortable. It's like he was trying to read my thoughts or something. His hand was still tangled in my hair. Now, he was gripping it tighter. It was starting to actually hurt. I winced before stepping back and pushing his hand away from me.

"So, you forgive me, right?" Chris asked. He didn't take his sight off of me for a second.

I wasn't sure what to say. No, I didn't forgive Chris. But I wanted this conversation to be done with. I wanted to be alone and not in his presence for a while. On the other hand, if I said I forgave him, he would think that doing stuff like watching me is okay when it's absolutely not.

"Just say it!" Chris snapped. He yelled out of nowhere which caused me to jump.

"I can't!" I yelled back equally as loud.

Chris sucked his teeth. "Why the fuck not? I said sorry, didn't I?"

"You obviously don't mean it. Do you even know why I'm mad at you?"

"Not really," Chris shrugged. "I didn't even do anything."

"You were watching me! That's so creepy and weird."

"You just mad about it because I caught yo ass," Chris retorted.

"You didn't catch me doing anything. It was a hug! Nothing more and nothing less," I said.

"You shouldn't be hugged up on any nigga besides me."

"So, going by that logic you're telling me that ever since we've gotten back together, you've never once hugged another girl?"

"That's not the same thing."

"Thats not the same thing," I mocked Chris. "Yes, it fucking is! It's the exact same thing. You always do this "

"Do what?"

"Everytime I point out that you're being a hypocrite, you say that. It's so damn annoying," I said.

Chris wasn't staring at me in a deranged way anymore. He turned around and walked in the other direction towards the front door. Of course he was leaving. He always does.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"Somewhere," He replied. I don't know why I even expected for him to really tell me. I should've known better considering we've been in this same scenario a bunch of times before.

Chris's POV

I took the condom off and threw it into the toilet. I flushed and proceeded to wash my hands. I purposely kept my head down so that I wouldn't look at myself in the mirror. I cheated on Khadijah. I felt horrible. I was disgusted with myself. This was the third time. I can't believe I did it again. I was mad at her for hugging ol' dude but that didn't mean she deserved this.

I have a problem. Maybe I'm like a nymphomanic or something. No matter how many I say I'll never do it again, I end up doing it again. The whole point of asking Khadijah to move here, was to help me be more faithful. It's been the complete opposite. All we do is argue which leads me to get mad and fuck other girls.

After I was done reflecting on how much of a dumbass I am, I left the bathroom. Nia was changing the bedsheet. When she heard me walk in, she turned around and threw my clothing at me. Me and her had developed a schedule. Everytime I come over, we do the same thing. We smoke some weed, have sex, get something to eat, and then I end up passing out until the morning. After Nia was done with what she was doing, she ordered some Chinese takeout. We sat patiently in the kitchen, waiting.