Chapter Twenty One

Khadijah's POV

After 5 hours of shopping, I came back home. Chris sat there on the sofa facing the door, probably waiting for me. He looked mad at the world. Not that I cared, though. I've been having a great day. I bought multiple cute new outfits, had some delicious Chipotle, and got my nails done. I also sent in some job applications. Hopefully, I would get hired so that I don't have to spend all my time in this condo. The atmosphere was almost always tense and uncomfortable. Like now, for example. Chris marched over to me, angrily.

"Where the fuck you been?" Chris demanded.

It was obvious that I went shopping since the bags were in my hand but I guess he didn't notice.

"Out," I replied, mocking him. I said it the same way that he said it to me, yesterday.

I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my free arm.

"Don't fucking play. Why you didn't at least tell me where you was going?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Now you know how I feel when you're gone for a long time without telling me where you're at."

"That ain't even the same thing," Chris retorted.

"How is not?" I questioned.

"I been livin' here for years, I know my way around. But you, you could've went the wrong way and gotten kidnapped or raped."

"I doubt you would even care if that did happen," I muttered with a roll of my eyes.

Chris sucked his teeth. "Why would you even say some shit like that? You know I care about you."

"No, I don't know! I've been here for two days and you haven't shown me an ounce of affection."

"Khadijah, I have plans! I have a schedule! I'm not gon' change my whole life just 'cause you here," Chris responded.

Not even going to lie, what Chris said really hurt. Basically, he is not willing to put in a little effort to spend time with me or to make me happy. Boyfriend of the year, right?

"I don't want you to change your whole life so that it'll revolve around me. All I want is for you to take an hour out of your day to spend some time with your girlfriend. Is that really asking for a lot?"

I'm tired of this conversation, it's giving me a headache. I attempted to walk past Chris, again. This time I was successful. I went into the guest bedroom. If things between Chris and I don't get better, this is bound to become my permaneant bedroom instead of a guest. I placed my bags on the ground then threw myself on the bed. I was worn out from all the shopping but not enough that I would fall asleep. I decided to watch TV. I watched TV all day. I didn't leave the room except to use the bathroom or to eat. Chris and I didn't talk to eachother. I wasn't all that surprised when at 10 o'clock, the door opened and Chris left. He came back at around 2 in the morning.
-
When I felt myself waking up the next morning, I noticed that I was in the wrong room. Chris was laying right next to me with one arm loosely wrapped around my waist. As I got out of bed, I saw my shopping bags. So, I was in the right room. Chris came in last night and slept with me? I'm not complaining but it's just weird considering we had a really bad fight the previous day. Was this way of apologizing? I wanted Chris and I to be good again. I willing to forgive him if he's willing to change.

Chris was sleeping deeply. I didn't want to wake him. I silently got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After my 45 minute shower, I was starving. I went to the kitchen to see that Chris was already there. He was looking through some papers, probably bills. He must've heard my footsteps because he jumped out of his seat and came over to me. He placed both hands on my cheeks before pulling me in for a long kiss.

Finally Togetherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें