Chapter Six

"Wait Khadijah!" I yelled at her. I don't even know why I said that. It came out of my mouth before I could think about it. I just want a few more seconds to talk to her. She turned around and looked at me.

"You should hit me up sometime. We should catch up and shit," I suggested.

"Sure. When aren't you busy?"

"You can call me whenever."

"Okay I will," Khadijah said. She waved and then walked off again.

Half of me is really excited that she said she would hit me up. I feel like a 12 year old kid who finally asked out his crush. The other half of me is sad that we couldn't spend more time together right now. Its kinda pathetic how thirsty I am for Khadijah.

Since, Khadijah walked away I was left by myself. I looked stupid standing there doing nothing in the middle of a crowded walk way. So, I decided to go to the food court. I ordered my sandwich and started eating. After a while I heard the familiar click clacking noise of heels. Jasmine was walking towards me with a scowl on her face.

"Whats wrong?" I asked immediatly. I don't like seeing her upset.

"I saw you and that bitch," She spat angrily.

A deep sigh left my mouth. I started cursing myself out in my head. It was stupid off me to talk to Khadijah when Jasmine was only a few feet away. I should've taken her away from the store. I made a little mistake and now Jasmine is never gonna stop bitching about it.

"I fucking knew you were cheating on me!" She shouted.

"Jasmine, calm down. It was a hug, you act like you caught us fucking," I said, getting annoyed.

It's crazy how I trust her after she cheated on me but she can't trust me.

"Don't tell me what the fuck to do, you liar! I can't believe you would do this to me!"

At this point, she was capturing the attention of everyone in the food court.

"Jasmine, shut the fuck up. Everyone is looking at us," I whisper-shouted.

"Let them fucking look at us! I hope they see how much of a dick you are!" She rubbed her forehead roughly. "Take me home."

I did what Jasmine told me to do. The way we left the mall was embarrassing. She furiously walked infront of me taking long steps. I walked behind her like a little puppy. We didn't talk at all in the car. I was actually glad when she left into her house.

When I got home, I kicked off my shoes and threw myself onto the couch.

"Chris, is that you?" Mama called out.

"Yeah," I replied but I don't know if she heard me since I sounded so muffled.

"Whats wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing."

"Boy, don't lie to me."

I sat up so I could talk clearer. "It's Jasmine."

"Of course it's her. What happened this time?"

"We were at the mall. I gave a girl a hug-"

"Who?" Ma interjected.

"Khadijah," I smiled.

"Go on."

"And Jasmine snapped on me talkin' 'bout "oh I can't believe you would cheat on me." Mama she's so fucking dramatic," I complained.

"So, why are you still with her?"

"Because I love her."

"But does she love you?"