Chapter Four

Chris's POV

I left the house and drove to Jasmine's house. I need to get the fuck away from Khadijah. I can't believe she's really here. Its been so long, I didn't think I'd see her again. I'm pissed she's here. How she gon' leave me and then come back as if nothings wrong?

As soon as Jasmine opened the door, I started smiling. Damn, she's so beautiful. We've been together for 3 years now. Its been pretty good, just some issues with jealousy and cheating. Surprisingly, it wasn't me who cheated. But it was a while ago, so I'm over it now. But yeah besides that its been great.

"Hey baby," I said giving her a kiss.

"Hey Chris. Why are you here so early?" Jasmine asked.

I sat on the couch and huffed. "I just didn't want to be at home."

"Did the girl leave yet?" She wondered.

She said it with a lot of attitude. This is what I meant by Jasmine having jealousy issues. Ever since I told Jasmine that a girl would be staying at my house, she's been pretty much obsessed. Jasmine has randomly brought up Khadijah atleast 10 times.

"Nah, but she's leaving soon."

"Who is she anyway?"

"She used to live by me a few years ago until she moved. My mama really liked her," I answered.

I saw Jasmine roll her eyes when I said that. My ma and Jasmine don't really get along. Mama and Jasmine used to be close until she cheated. Now mama says she's no good for me. Jasmine says mama is too overprotective. For the most part, I keep them away from eachother. But I really think that Jasmine is the one so once a month I bring her over for dinner with my parents. I brought her over yesterday because I didn't want to see Khadijah just by myself.

"Were you guys close?"

"Nope," I lied. In some ways, I'm probably closer to Khadijah than Jasmine. I still haven't told her about what happened when I was younger. I love Jasmine and all but I don't feel comfortable telling her about that.

"I think she likes you," Jasmine said.

A small smile came onto my face but I quickly wiped it off when I remembered that my girlfriend was infront of me.

"Why you think that?"

"I don't know, its just the way she was looking at you. I don't want you around her," Jasmine ordered.

"Damn Jasmine we go through this shit like once a week. I would never cheat," I said honestly. I love her too much.

"I know you wouldn't but I don't trust her."

I was getting annoyed so I decided to change the subject. "Where you going?" I asked. The whole time I've been here she's been getting ready.

"Work. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. You can't stay because I'm leaving."

We walked outside to her car.

"Okay bye Chris, I love you," She said getting into her car.

"I love you too Khadijah," I replied automatically.

Oh shit! Did I really just say that?!

"What did you just say?"

"I said I love you too Jasmine," I'm just gonna try and play it off.

"I coulda' sworn you said another name."

"You hearin' things," I laughed awkwardly.

"Thats so weird. But I gotta get going. Bye!" Jasmine drove off.