Twenty seven

We're at the reception and just about everywhere I look there is a flash. I have had someone try to get them to leave but they just and they did but then they came back so in the end I just gave up and dealt with it.
I hadn't had the chance to go home to change my shoes but oh well. I can always take them off. I had been with the girls with the occasional cry from the Teresa for a hug.
"Kaya?" I hear someone ask and I turn around. It's someone I don't recognise but it's probably because of the lack of light.
"Sorry I can't see you very well. Who are you?" I ask.
"Oh my name is Ethan. I'm a friend of Katies. Would you know where she is?" He asks.
"Uh sorry I don't and how did you get here?" I ask.
"I heard about the wedding. Katie invited me to the reception. Now could you please tell me where she is?" He is starting to get impatient.
"Ok fine! I'll go get her." I say and run to find Katie who I find almost instantly.
"Katie someone wants to see you." I say. And she groans and comes to where Ethan is. Once she sees him though she quickly turns around and tries to run away but Ethan grabs her wrist before she gets too far.
"Katie please just listen to me." Ethan says.
"Well I'll leave you guys to talk." I say and quickly run away. Speeches and cake will be soon anyway.

Katies POV
When Kaya came to get me I was talking to rosa who is a really nice girl. She listened to everything i said with no judgement at all. I did the same to her and we got along really well.
"Katie someone wants to see you." Kaya says and she sounded really frustrated. I groan but say goodbye to rosa and go with Katie. Then I see him. My ex boyfriend. Well he used to be my boyfriend but I broke up with him after Kaya told me I should. I even dumped him over the phone. I tried to run away but he grabs me by my wrist and squeezes it really hard. I wince but not loud enough for Kaya to hear.
"Katie please us ten to me." He pleads.
"Well I'll leave you guys alone." Kaya says then walks off to the table where I should be right now.
"What do you want?" I ask. Not very happy about him being here.
"Katie I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done all those things to you. It was all a mistake and I felt horrible after you dumped me. I still do. So please take me back. Give me a second chance." He is on the verge of tears now.
"Ethan all those things you did to me and you are just now apologising? Ethan you almost broke my arm! And you're apologising for that? Heck Ethan you have done so many things to me! So no. I won't give you another chance." I tell him and right now I am very agitated. Then he does something I Houghton he would never do in public but it wasn't the unthinkable. He punched me. Right in the nose.
"Listen here bitch. Both my parents and I paid all our money just to come here. We are broke right now. So you will forgive me and you will take me back!" He shouts. This got everyone's attention and the only one who came to my aid was Ki.
"Hey what's going on here?" He asks. "And who are you?" He asks.
"Ki please just go. I don't want you hurt." I plead but he shakes his head.
"No Katie. Go to Kaya she'll sort you out." He tells me and I happily oblige and run to Kaya who has tears streaming down her face.

Ki's POV
"Now who are you." I ask and he smirks.
"Ethan. Katies ex." He tells me.
"Listen mate you need to leave. Now." I tell him but he stands his ground.
"No. Not without Katie."
"Yes. Yes without Katie." I tell him. Then he punched me in the nose. I fall to the ground and everyone screams. Well this is just a great wedding day.
"I will not leave with out her. You hear me?" He yells in my face. He is on top of me now and surprisingly I'm not scared.
"Alright Ethan you have to leave. Now." Kaya says. I would know her voice anywhere. Then she pulls him off of me then pushes him out the door and locks it.

Kayas POV
After I threw Ethan out I ran over to Ki who has a bleeding nose and a forming black eye.
"Ki are you ok?" I ask him and he nods. "Ok let's get you off the floor." I say. I try to sound brave but tears are streaming down my face. Making it hard. I pull him up,off of the floor and bring him over to where Katie is standing.
"I think we might postpone the speeches for a while." I say and I make them both laugh but they happily agree.

10 minutes after the dilemma and everyone is over the shock of it all we decide to do the speeches and thankfully they are underway.
"Now. Where do I start?" This is Dylan talking. "I met Kaya when I went for a visit in la. I ran into her and felt bad so we went to the closest Starbucks. I was a year older than her and only 11 so it's not like anything could've happened. Ever since then we had been best friends. I tried to see and talk to her whenever I could. We saw more of each other though as time went by and we got more famous. We even moved in together with will and Thomas after she graduated high school. Then a few years later we got our roles in the maze runner and that was when we met Ki. He was such a great guy and a great person whenever I wanted pizza and no one else did." At this everyone laughed including me. "Basically we became really good friend really fast. And in my point of view I'm like a brother to Kaya and I'm so gla that she's with a guy as great as Ki." He finishes and I laugh at his last comment. Then we hear the breaking of windows.