Eighteen

I got to the airport at exactly 12:20 so for time I didn't do bad. Ki had already messaged me what arrival gate he would be at so we just stood there and hoped that we could find the black quiff of hair that tells us Ki is in fact here. Soon, after 10 minutes of waiting we see the black hair that I hadn't seen in a month. I wave to him and he runs over and hugs me. Not yet taking any notice of Violet standing quietly next to me. When he pulls was away though he notices her, making me smirk.
"Ok was I gone longer then expected and you have already had the kid or I'm just really excited to be a dad and hallucinating?" He says. Clearly confused which makes me and Violet burst out laughing.
"Nice to see you to and no. This is Violet. Our new neighbour and I will tell you why when we get home." I say and we walk the conveyor belt. We wait here while Ki gets his bags and we are off to the car. Well we run the car because matinee nature up there decided that it would be a great day to rain.
"So are you going to tell me about the girl?" Ki asks and I laugh. "What's so funny?"
"A girl came out of no where. You tell me what's so funny. And the girls name is Violet." I correct him.
"Haha you're so funny. So are you going to tell me?" He asks.
"Violet so you want me too or do you?" I ask her.
"Uh I can. Thanks for asking Kaya." She answers and I smile at her. "Ok so uh first if you ever meet my parents which you probably will see soon but they may come across nice but please don't fall for it. Now I will tell you why." She explains then takes a shaky breath. "Now time to get straight I the point. I'm a victim of family abuse. Have been for a few years since but brother moved out. First it was whippings then it came to beatings then it they came together. I actually tried to get Kaya to let me stay at your house." She explains, then laughs. I can tell that she is glad that this is finally off her chest.
"Oh Violet I had no idea. I'm so sorry and of course your welcome to stay at our house." Ki says. I can tell that he is pretty overwhelmed about this.
"Exactly. If you need to just sneak out your house with a duffel bag and knock on our door. It'll be fine." I say and look at her through the rear view mirror. She's smiling at the fact that we are so inviting. By now we have reached the house.
"Ok well let's go. Violet hon. If you want to you can bring some clothes over to our house and if you need to one night you can stay over without having to bring anything." I say and she nods.
"Ok. Thanks." She says the gets out of the car and goes next door.
"So how did you meet her?" Ki asks while dragging his luggage behind him.
"On she came over to the house in tears then stopped crying when she realised someone had actually answered. Then I insisted on them coming over for dinner." I explain. "And that's what happened." I say and he just smiles at me. I unlock the door and walk in with Ki trailing behind me.
"I'll just go upstairs and ditch my bags then I'll come back and you have to tell me everything I missed out on." He says then walks up the stairs leaving me smiling to myself. I've missed him so much.
A few minutes later he comes back downstairs smiling goofily to himself.
"Now before I start. I have a feeling you changed your flight to get here quicker." I say to him and he looks at me as if he had just been busted in the schoolyard.
"I may have." He says.
"I knew it. I missed you." I say and give him a kiss and a hug.
"I missed you too. Now tell me what's been happening?" He says and I laugh at him.
"Not much really. I went to see the boys a few times because I got lonely but then apart from that I had movie marathons and yeah. Then I had ultrasounds and found new neighbours that abuse their kid." I say simply. Apart from the last part which was said through a sigh.
"Yeah. Being back in L.A though was great. I got to see all my old friends and of course my family. I've missed them." He says.
"Well I bet I missed you more." I say then the bell rings. I get up and answer it and standing there is Violet with a little bag and everything.
"I should just get you a key." I say and invite her in. She sits down on the couch and I run upstairs and into the guest bedroom which I will make hers. Then I run downstairs to hear Violet and Ki laughing. I smile and know that he will be a great dad. I put my hand to my stomach and run it. I can't wait to have this little one. I walk back downstairs and sit in the couch and listen to Ki telling all his stories from L.A. It sounded like he had fun. But, during one of Ki's stories we got a call from the house phone. A little confused I get up and answer.
"Hello?" I ask.
"Kaya hi. It's Zac. I just wanted to know if you're up for a visit?" He says.
"Uh I don't mind. Why?" I ask. A little worried.
"Oh dad wants a little time to himself so he recommended you. So can I?" He asks.
"Sure. But before you go can you out dad on the phone please." I ask him.
"Sure. I'll just get him. DAD! KAYA WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU!" He shouts and I chuckle lightly.
"Hello?" I hear my dad ask.
"Hey dad."
"Oh so it is you. I thought Zac was planking me. What was it you wanted to talk to me about?" He asks. I laugh at his first comment.
"Uh I just wanted to tell you something." I say trailing off and walking into another room.
"What's that?"
"I've been meaning to tell you for a while but never got around to it. I'm a- I'm pregnant." I tell him and I hear a gasp on the other end of the phone.
"Kaya that's amazing. How far along?"
"Five and a half months." I respond.
"Oh that's amazing. I have to go but congratulations. Can I tell Zac? He'd be so excited to be an uncle." I laugh.
"Of course. And it's fine if he stays for a while." I say. "Love you dad."
"Love you." And with that all conversation was dropped and I walk back into the other room. The next few weeks will be interesting.