Thirteen

Just so you guys know I haven't been to a funeral in a while so please don't judge how this is laid out. Thanks guys.
Today is my mums funeral. I'm wearing a black dress and light makeup. I wasn't wearing mascara because then it would run and I ran out of the waterproof stuff. When I was ready I went downstairs to see Ki in a tux. He looked so cute!
"Hey cutie." I say. He turns around because he was watching tv and smiles.
"I could say the same about you. Should we go?" He asks. I nod my head and grab the speech that I had prepared and my other things then locked the door behind me when I walked out.
We got in the car and it was a silent ride. Not an awkward silence but one that no one feels like talking so we just watch out the windscreen and windows. I mouth out words on the radio and watch out the window.

He church that we had chosen was one that my mum would've liked. I wait outside for everyone (including some of my closest friends and family) and my dad and brother since they flew back a few days ago because of dads job. When everyone arrives I go up the front and sit next to Ki and Rosa. Then it starts.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of Katia Scodelario. The proud mother of Kaya Scodelario and Zac Scodelario. Now to kick off the speeches I would now like to invite the family members up for their prepared speeches." The priest says. I put my things down and walk up with my speech in hand. The order the speeches was going to go in is oldest to youngest. We also decided that Jason wouldn't do a speech because he couldn't make it and he didn't have a family with her. This he was perfectly fine with. When we all reach the podium my dad walks up and begins his speech.
"Katia was a great person. I knew her through high school but didn't fully understand my feelings for her until we hit college. We were always happy together and were so happy when we finally got married. Which was one if the greatest days of my life. On top of the births of our two kids Kaya and Zac." He starts his speech and around ten minutes later it is my turn. By this point my dad is almost in tears as well as me and Zac is in tears. I walk up to where my dad just was, take a deep breath and start.
"Hi. Today is a day I have always been dreading and wishing I didn't have to be here. But I am. To celebrate the life of my weird, crazy but lovely mother. My mum was always a caring person but could get a little annoying at points. And maybe a little protective. Especially when it came to my career. There were many funny memories with this lady and many weird ones. There was one when we went on a holiday to Australia and they just happened to be having their football grand final there. She sung along to almost all the songs and keep note that she was a horrible singer and the best but is, I got it all on video. That was one of the moments that was hilarious to watch and do. I still have that video today. Anyway, I was always looking to my mum for direction when things went south but, not too long ago things went south for the family too. Not only because of this but because of family issues. The family was torn apart but here we are today. As a family and one that I have missed so much. In conclusion my mum was always there for others. So mum, I love and miss you so much. I wish you were here today. Thank you." I say and walk away from where I was standing. I hug Zac then he whispers something in my ear.
"Can you help me? Please?" He asks.
"Afraid you'll cry?" I ask and he nods. I nod my head and I walk back up. Then Zac starts his speech but I have to end it.
By the end of the speeches we are all in tears. Even the cast. Even Ki! Which was a surprise. Though I'm not surprised that Dyl, Tommy and Will were crying. When they were visiting my mum was like their mum.
When the funeral was over I walk outside and the first thing I hear is 'KAYA!' in the background. I turn around after hugging Ki and see Skylah and one of my old friends Phoebe. I haven't seen her in sooo long.
"Girls? What are you doing here?" I ask and hug them. They hug back.
"We heard about your mums passing. We are so sorry by the way." Phoebe says. I smile.
"Thanks guys. And it's nice to see you Phoebe." I say and give her another hug.
"So what's news? Apart from you know. This." Sky says.
"Not much really apart from the fact that I'm engaged." I say and their mouths drop.
"What!?" They say in unison. I nod and show them the ring. They gasp.
"Who too?" Phoebe asks.
"Me." Someone says behind me. Of course it was Ki though because he's around me like 24/7.
"You. You play. You play Minho in the maze runner." Phoebe says. Freaking out. I laugh at her reaction.
"Yep and he's mine." I say. She shoves me playfully and I shove her back.
"Ugh fine." She says and I smile in victory. We go to the cemetery to watch the burial. I stand next to Zac who I don't think will ever get over this. I pat his back to calm him down and eventually he does.

At the reception (she wanted this) we talk about the good times. Even the boys do a bit of a speech. I smile at them. Just after Wills speech though I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and find my cousin from London. Her name is Jess and she was originally from America but she got a modelling and photography job and moved to London. I gasp and hug her. Crying at the same time.
"Jess what are you doing here?" I ask her. She laughs.
"Your mum is my cousin. I couldn't miss this. And I heard about you and Ki." She says and I smile.
"Oh I missed you so much." I say.
"I missed you too. So how's your acting going?" She asks.
"Well someone wants to catch up. Not too bad. Right now the movie I'm in maze runner scorch trials is in cinemas so I've been a little busy but it's dying down. It's about to leave cinemas anyway so..." I say. Trailing off. "Anyway what about you?" I ask. She laughs and tells me all about her adventures. Then I introduce her to everyone but, when I introduce her to Thomas, things go south.