Chapter 5

Hinata's confused white eyes roamed the path, looking for her late teammate. "H-he's never late. What I-if something happened to him?" she asked Kiba who sat next to her.

Her dog-like teammate shrugged. " I don't know. Maybe he went on a mission or something. But me and Akumaru are hungry, let's just eat!"

Hinata nodded shyly before ordering her food. She was quite nervous that Shino hadn't come. Not only was she worried for his protection, she enjoyed his company. He hardly ever talked but when it was the three of them she felt safer. When it was the three if them together that meant nothing would happen between two of them. For a reason she didn't know, she feared being alone with Kiba. Yet, she felt slightly excited for a time for it to be the two of them.

The purple haired female had noticed that lately she's felt a little..........attracted to Kiba. Whenever she realized how she was feeling though, her feelings would change to guilt. She felt unfaithful to Naruto whenever she looked at a man. They weren't together but perhaps they would be one day. Maybe the day she admits her feelings. Sadly, she doubted that time would come.

Her feelings for the two were different. She felt shy and at awe when she was with Naruto but she felt more confident and at ease with Kiba.

During their meal they had flirted with each other, Kiba doing most of it, and Hinata was able to say she had a good time. She was tense and nervous at first but at one point she couldn't help but relax. In fact, at one point she had lost her stutter!

One thing she enjoyed was the not fainting part. Naruto just made her feel so overwhelmed and she always felt that she couldn't be herself for there were a chance Naruto wouldn't like her.

With Kiba she was able to feel more herself and comfortable.

And she knew Kiba had feelings for her. If he didn't, then why would he have flirted with her the whole time? And the time at the chunnin exams when she had fainted he had came to her aid and called an ANBU for her.

But then again, Naruto had once stood up for her and defended her from her brother. But now that she thinks of it, he would have done it for anybody. He was an amazing person who put others in front of himself. That's why she had a crush on him.

But should she still like Naruto? She was beginning to like Kiba and it seemed that Kiba liked her.

"What are you suddenly thinking so hard about, Hinata? Were you even listening?" Kiba complained.

Hinata giggled. GIGGLED. She could never do that with Naruto! "Maybe."

Kiba groaned in fake annoyance. " Well then listen! ANYWAY, then the dog walker brought Akumaru 2 hours earlier because apparently he was too hard to handle. Akumaru couldn't hurt a fly! Well, their was that time he killed that fly Shino put on my leg to keep track of where I was. But that's not the point! If I don't tell him to attack anyone he's completely harmless. That guy just..."

Meanwhile, Shino was hiding in the shadows, watching them. Smirking slightly, although it was hidden by his ridiculously large collar, he congratulated himself for a job well done.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

After contacting Sasuke in his mind, Ino had finally come home. She was intent on skipping dinner and going strait to sleep; strait to her fantasy man.

So you'd imagine her bewilderment when flowers, flowers she only received in her daydreams, arrived at her doorstep.

They were tulips. Purple tulips. But how? Not many people knew what she kind of flowers she liked. Not many people care. The only person who knew that was Sakura. Was this a prank or something? She didn't think Billboard Brow would go THAT far.