Chapter 13.

~~Victory all 'round~~

The tactical droid in command of the space battle was quickly running out of options. Their command ship was the only ship they had left, and even it was starting to take substantial damage, and it was unknown for how long the ship would remain functional.

All their vulture droids had been disposed of, and yet the enemy still had a rather large number of fighters available. Not to mention they had two cruisers left.

The droid considered trying to contact the general again, he had to at least advise a retreat. Weather the general actually listened or not was another matter, but the droid had to try. He had no idea what the general had planned to use to give them the advantage, but he hoped whatever it was happened quickly.

"Sir, we have three ships coming out of hyperspace behind us." The droid in control of the ship's scanners abruptly stated.

"Are they Separatist or Republic?" the tactical droid asked, maintaining its usual monotone voice with no evidence of interest what-so-ever towards the answer.

At that very moment the ships shot out of hyperspace and came to a halt aside the one remaining Confederate cruiser, "Separatist, sir." it answered, even though the answer was now blatantly obvious, "What are your orders?" it continued to ask.

As it would appear, the general's fleet had been repaired and sent to rendezvous with them, "All cannons, target their hyperdives." the tactical droid ordered. The general wanted all the Republic ships destroyed, and that was exactly what the droid planned to do.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Great one, Gallian." Trysta growled at her daemon once Dimeria and Grievous were a considerable distance from them and presumably out of earshot. She folded her arms across her chest and looked down at the wolf and a deep scowl, displaying her disappointment at his earlier behaviour.

The canine rose to his feet, or rather paws, and shook out his black pelt. "Alright, alright, I made a mistake, can't we just leave it at that?" he retorted frowning back up at his girl, gently flicking his fluffy tail from side to side. He disliked being frowned upon for his actions.

"He did have a point, why did you attack the Jedi, you know you shouldn't touch him, it would hurt us both." She continued, cringing her face at the thought. Several years ago, another padawan had wanted to feel what it was like to touch another person's daemon, and for some strange reason had decided that a wolf would make the perfect test subject.

While touching Gallian had no effect on the other padawan it cause both Trysta and Gallian a tremendous amount of pain to endure, and in the end Gallian had ended up biting the other padawan. Not surprisingly the wolf's 42 teeth had caused the other child a far greater amount of pain in return.

The other padawan had a tabby cat for his daemon, and the cat tried to defend its child by swiping at Gallian's face. While it had succeeded at making the wolf release the human's arm it enraged him even further and he quickly turned on the feline and tried to catch it in his jaws.

Eventually, having had enough of the chaos, master Yoda, who happened to be supervising them at the time was forced to call upon the force in order to hold the two daemons apart from each other so they would cease their fight and not endanger each other.

The young boy and his daemon were taken straight to the medical bay and he was later reprimanded for trying touching another's daemon. Likewise, Trysta was scolded for having absolutely no control over her daemon, which, had Yoda not stepped in, could have resulted in death due to Gallian being far more dangerous and powerful that the common moggy.