The Intruder and the Confession

Comenzar desde el principio

What did I forget?

My head snapped to my right when I heard a slight squeaking sound. I peered around the fridge just in time to see my kitchen window begin to inch up. Gasping, I dropped to the ground, knocking my glass of milk over in the process.

Should I stay here and hope they don't see me? Or should I run and hide?

I peered around the fridge again to see a male figure all dressed in black climbing through my window.

Hide, definitely hide.

I crawled around the puddle of milk and to the other side of the island in our kitchen. Leaning flat against it I looked around for a weapon. Oh, duh!

I reached into the cabinet behind me, pulling out one of my moms heaviest frying pans. I weighed it in my hand. Yep, this should work just fine.

The man fell to the ground with an oomph and I took this opportunity to quickly crawl out of the kitchen. I stood up and pressed myself against the wall, breathing heavily. Slowly, I stuck my head around the corner.

The guy got up and looked around the room.

All of a sudden, a terrifying thought crept into my mind.

This could be Jared.

I shivered. Why hadn't I realized that earlier? This was Jared!

My hands began to shake as he walked around the island, heading straight in my direction. I darted back behind the wall, readying my frying pan in my hands.

The moon was shining just enough light through the windows that he cast a small shadow. The moment he walked through the archway I struck, swinging my frying pan like a crazy woman.

"Get.Out.Of.My.House!" I screamed in between hits. I tackled him to the ground, straddling his back.

"Ow! Ouch! Hey! Jaynalee stop!"

I cocked my head to the side. This wasn't Jared! It was..

"Dean?!' I whisper-screamed as I pulled his hood off.

"Hey," he groaned.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?! Couldn't you have just called like a normal person?! And who the hell crawls through the kitchen window to get in?!" I rambled angrily as I climbed off of him,"I thought you were-" I cut myself off quickly.

Dean looked at me questioningly,"Thought I was who?" he asked as he stood up, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Erm- Nobody," I mumbled,"Anyway, why are you in my house at 3 o'clock in the morning?' I asked, quickly changing the subject. He didn't know about Jared, and it was going to stay that way.

"I brought you a present!" He said in mock happiness, clapping his hands.

"A present? Are you kidding me?"

"Just don't hit me when I come back in the window," he muttered, climbing back out.

I waited patiently for a few moments, and sure enough there was Dean climbing back in the window. Only he wasn't alone this time...

"Demon dog!" I cried out. That's what I had forgotten! Wow, I'm a terrible dog sitter.

Dean chuckled, sitting the ugly chihuahua down on the ground,"I figured you might want to have that back."

I laughed quietly,"Um yeah, considering it's not even my dog," I mumbled. We watched the dog run over to the puddle of milk I'd left on the ground and begin licking it up. Hm, maybe he could be useful.