Chapter 38

Louis POV

Harry and I haven't seen each other for a week due to work, uni and school but we've agreed to officially "come out" as a couple to my family this weekend.  The boys are coming with us for moral support or really just to spend the weekend together.

On Friday after school we all piled into Niall's orange camper van with our gear and drove to good old Doncaster.  When we got there the sun was dipping in the sky and Liam was slowly falling asleep on Zayn's shoulder with the motion of the car.  We pulled up at my old house just after 7pm  and I was greeted by all my sisters and my Mom pouring onto the driveway and helping us with our suitcases.

Liam and Zayn were sharing a bed in the guest room, Harry and I were in my room and Niall was on a blow up mattress in my room as well to "keep an eye on us."  We set up our rooms before eating a belated dinner then heading up to bed.  Harry rolled into my bed and held me closer in his arms then normal.  "Are you nervous about tomorrow angel?" I whispered so we wouldn't disturb Niall.  "Yea, I want your family to accept us as a couple." He said into my chest.  "They will, don't worry about it." I said before kissing his temple reassuringly.  He nodded and snuggled closer into my side before drifting off into a pleasant dream.

The next morning when I woke up Harry was gone.  Confused I went downstairs and saw him sitting with my mom at the dining table holding a steaming hot cup of tea.  The rest of they boys appeared to still be asleep.  "Heya Haz, hey Mom." I said walking over and kissing Harry on the cheek causing him to turn bright red.  "Yea, that's what we wanted to talk to you about." Harry said gesturing to my kiss.  "Louis and I have been dating for a while now and we thought that it was appropriate that you properly knew in person and not through emails." He said shyly.  To further consolidate Harry's point I went and sat in his lap.  "That's beautiful Harry." My mom said with a small smile.  "You boys seem to be in love and I can accept all kinds of love because you can't change who you are.   You should be proud of what you have because love doesn't come by very often." That brought a few stray tears to my eyes and I had to blink them back.  "Thanks Miss Tomlinson." Harry whispered into his cup of tea, "Please, call me Johannah." Mom said with a grin.

Thankfully our "coming out as a couple" went well and my sisters "ship us", whatever that is.  Around noon the lads woke up and we went to Cusworth Hall and wandered around the park.  "Hey wanna sit down and watch the swans?" Niall asked us.  We nodded and followed him to the lakes edge while Liam and Zayn kicked the ball on the grassy bank. "Nice ring Haz, did Lou get it you?" Niall asked staring at the perfect gold band around my finger.  "Yea he did." He said leaning into my side sporting a ferocious blush.  "Awe you too are too cute." Niall gushed. 

Soon after Zayn and Liam joined us and we casually laid back and watched the white clouds roll overhead.  "Man I love you guys." Zayn suddenly said in the middle of silence.  "Love you too Zaynie." I said while laughing .  Around 5pm we headed back to my old house and had a hearty dinner of good English food before we said our goodbyes and headed back home to London. 

The next morning the lads and I woke up bleary eyed but happy in Harry's house.  I rolled over and gave Haz a usual morning kiss.  "Hi Lou." He whispered into our kiss.  "Hey angel, can I show you something today?" I asked.  "Please." He croaked out in his sensual morning voice.

As soon as we were dressed I picked up my mini radio and picnic blanket and we drove straight to the supermarket to get some food for our day out.  "Hey Lou where exactly are you taking me?" Haz asked as we walked between the isles.  "You'll see soon." I replied.  I payed for our food and soon we were coasting down the dual carriage way. 

Around noon we finally got to the spot I had been thinking about.  It was a garden tucked away behind a forest of trees by my old flat.  I took Harry's hand in mine and lead him between the thick tree trunks covered in moss.  I pushed past a clump of weeping willow branches and Harry's breath got caught in his throat.  It was a small green clearing with flowers of all colours projecting pleasant smells into the air and a swing gently swaying in the breeze of an oak tree. 

"Welcome to Zayn's garden." I said smiling.  "It's beautiful." He breathed.  While Harry explored the place I laid down the picnic blanket and propped up the mini radio against the trunk of a tree before turning up the volume.  Harry soon joined me and before I knew it I was happily explaining what each flower was and what its purpose was.  "What's this then?" Harry asked pointing to a plant with an orange butterfly on it.  "Oh, that's a swan plant, it attracts butterflies such as Monarch butterflies which are actually very rare to see in England, but they do migrate from countries such as New Zealand.  In fact that butterfly right there is a Monarch butterfly." I said mesmerized by the beauty of its glistening wings.  Suddenly, as if it heard us, the butterfly flew off the swan plant and straight onto Harry's face.  Giggling I whipped out my phone and took a quick picture.  It was too cute not too. 

Once the butterfly had flown off his beautiful face we collected some flowers from Zayn's garden and I threaded them together to make flower crowns.  Sheepishly smiling Haz took one from me and gently placed it on his gorgeous array of curls.  "Awe harry you look so fricking good." I yelled before tackling him in a hug.

The radio presenters voice suddenly cut through the moment announcing that "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran was now playing.  "Oh Lou I adore this song." Harry said.  "Well then.  Do you care to dance with me Harold." I announced holding out my hand to him.  He took it and I pulled him up into a dancing position.  We let the music weave through the moment and Harry rested his head on my chest and we spun in endless circles enjoying one anothers company.

When the song ended I kissed Harry to express what words couldn't say.  "Thanks for dancing with me Lou." He whispered looking down into my eyes.  "No need to say thank you angel, it was my pleasure.  Fancy a swing?" I asked gesturing to the wooden swing hanging from an old and knarled tree.  I gently pushed him for the rest of the afternoon with his clear and strong voice filling the air with shouts of joy and general conversation. 

Later that evening we retired back to my place/dorm and we fell asleep in each others arms once again.  We didn't know what the future held for either of us but that was okay as long as we had one another.

Harry's POV

"Wake up baby cakes it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life....." Louis sung.  "And I'm feeling good." I mumbled into my pillow, finishing the song for him.   "Glad you're awake Haz because I've got something for you." He cooed.  Smiling I pulled myself out of his bed and sat on the edge while Lou rummaged around in the small secret cupboard behind his bed that I'd never noticed before.  He emerged with a thick white book covered in elegant lace.  Lou sat down and placed it on our laps.  I felt the soft material and a grin spread across my face as soon as I read the title; "Louis and Harry's memories."

As usual, when I was overwhelmed with emotion, I tackled Lou into a hug that lasted for a long time.  "It's so damn pretty." I whispered into the crook of his neck.  "You haven't even looked at it yet." He giggled before sitting up and opening the cover. 

It was a scrapbook filled with every single photo of us from the day we met and on wards , with last one being of me when the butterfly landed on my face yesterday.  My jaw started to ache which was a sure sign that I was going to cry. 

It was the most thoughtful and beautiful gift that anyone had ever given me.  "I love you so much Tomlinson." I said pressing a kiss to lips.  "I love you too Styles." He smiled before grabbing his polaroid and angling it so we were both in shot.  "Kiss me." I whispered.  Our lips connected just as the flash went off and I knew that pictures couldn't quite capture love but this one came insanely close.

A/N: Another chapter done and dusted folks.  Only a few more chapters or so left to go before the end of part one! As always I freaking love your comments and votes so don't hesitate to make that star orange :') I love you guys, thank you so much for reading I'll update ASAP xox