Chapter 10 (Part Two)

Harry's POV
After camping time seemed to go by too quickly for my liking.  Before I knew it Louis was out of his casts - I had graduated and applied for a masters. 

We stumbled through the next few months juggling jobs and school.  These days I seemed so focused on my education that I hardly gave myself time to relax.  Lou pulled me out of my thoughts by lying next to me as I was typing out a 16 page essay.  

"Harry I'm bored." He said as he weakly pushed me.  "Fine what do you want to do?" I asked, giving him my full attention.  His eyes lit up before he dragged me down to lie next to him.  "I just wanna take a nap with you" he said before pulling me close.  "Fine. I suppose we could do that." I said before slowly closing my eyes too.  Louis chest was pressed against my back and his forehead rested just beneath my ear.  I was content.

It felt as though I had only just fallen to sleep when Louis lightly shook me awake.  "Hey babe.  Zayn and I are going to this party tonight.  You wanna come?" He asked all excitedly.  "I can't Louis.  I have to finish this paper that's doing my head in."  I said sighing.  "But you never have fun anymore.  Please come" he said pulling me up into a sitting position.  "Ugh fine" I said earning a cheer from my baby.  "But I'll come at eleven because I really do need to do this" I said winking.  "Thank you, thank you!" Louis said while kissing me all over. 

At 9pm Lou and Zayn had left and I was finally able to concentrate on my project.  Liam had already finished his somehow and he came over to help, or in reality - eat all my food and look at my work twice.  At 10:30pm I slid on a white v neck shirt, black skinny jeans and some good old brown boots I bought ages ago.  I went into the bathroom and pushed my hair up into a quiff with some gel.  I smiled confidently into the mirror as I slipped on the paper plane necklace.  We were good to go.

I wasn't exactly in the party mood but Liam was so I just egged him on and turned up the music in the car.  After a short drive we were finally there.  My phone rang as soon as I cut the ignition.  It was Zayn, "hello?" I said chirpily.  "Come quick.  It's Louis.  He can't fucking breath!" Zayn yelled down the phone.  "Where are you?" I said rather quickly as I jumped out of the car and headed towards the house that was vibrating with the music.  "We're outside.  I can see you now just keep running forwards." He said before turning off the phone.  I jogged onwards and scanned ahead.  There was Zayn with Louis literally lying on the ground.  As I neared the scene I saw Zayn slap Louis hard across the face and shake him.  

Fuck.

I ran over and pushed Zayn aside.  Louis lay flat on the cracked concrete.  I lowered my head to his mouth.  He wasn't breathing.  In a panic I started pumping his chest and bowing air into his lungs while screaming at Zayn to call an ambulance.  I felt totally detached from the scene.  I just pumped, breathed into his mouth and prayed to god that he would help me even though I was gay. 

I didn't know how long I was pumping.  It could've been a few minutes or it could've been a few hours.  I kept on going until I could barely breath.  My arms shook and my head felt heavy.  I felt Zayn gently pull me off Louis and two paramedics took his place.  They scooped up his small frame and placed him on a stretcher.  He still wasn't breathing.

I wasn't enough to save him.

I got Liam to drive me to the hospital because I wasn't in the right head space to drive myself.  I felt so powerless and weak.  No matter how hard I had tried to revive him it wasn't enough and it would never be enough because I failed.

Louis POV
Sitting in this shitty and yellow tinged hospital room is so boring.  They told me my heart stopped.  Consequently all I can feel is a burning pain ripping into my heart from where the defibrillator pads were placed.  It's been four hours and Harry still hasn't turned up.  Suddenly a rather handsome doctor walked into the room with a stereotypical stethoscope and clipboard. 

"Louis Tomlinson." He announced before sitting at the end of the bed.  "You are very lucky to be alive right now.  I have been informed that you are aware of your heart problem triggered by a car accident a year ago." He said as he flipped through some papers.  "Yea" I said.  I was disappointed in myself actually.  I was supposed to be taking medication for it but it made me tired.  "Well we are to keep you under supervision for the next few days because one heart attack can sometimes follow another."  He said with a smile.  "Okay thanks sir" I whispered before pulling the sheets up to my chin. After that he left me alone with my good friend boredom.

About an hour later I saw Harry's tall frame barge into my room followed by Zayn.  I began to smile but the look on his face was livid.  "Why the fuck didn't you tell me that you had arrhythmia?!" He yelled.  "Hey, I thought it was under control." I said looking down.  "Yea well it obviously isn't Lou." He spat with fire in his eyes.  

Fuck he was really mad.  

"I'm sorry" I whispered, toying with sheet.  "Well sorry isn't good enough.  You have no idea what it's like to see your best friend die.  Do you have any idea how emotionally tolling it is to perform CPR and not have them wake up? You fucking died Louis.  And if you never woke up a part of me would die too.  Consider that." He sadly muttered before leaving.  "No.  Harry come back!" I yelled, but he didn't even turn around.

My heart raced in my chest as I tried to get out of my bed.  My voice caught in my throat and my hands began to shake.  "Harry! Hazza.  I can't breath!" I screamed before falling down onto the bed.  My chest clenched inwards and I felt myself slip into darkness.

They say that before you die you see a bright white light.  But they're wrong.  You see the one person you couldn't live without.  The last thing that went through my brain was Harry.

A/N: sooOoOOOOOooooo it's been 6 months since i last updated soz.  I've been sucked up into the KPOP fandom which is so fucking good btw.  I'm gonna copy this story and turn it into a vkook BTS fic which will be linked at the end of this fucking book for anyone interested.  Lmao shot to like the 3 ppl who will read this chapter.  Yall the real MVP's.  Much love x