Chapter 36

Louis POV

Today I want to do something extra special with Harry. Not your typical teenage date or a stroll through the park. I've been thinking for some time about promises, commitment and love and I have decided that I would get Harry a ring. Not a wedding ring but a promise ring to symbolize our love for one another. I got the ring just before we last broke up and its been burning through my pocket and into my flesh like a hot poker for months. I wanted to wait until the time was right. I feel that because we've been dating for almost a year I'm ready to take our relationship to a much more serious level and I know that Harry wants to as well because he's been hinting at it for weeks.

Smiling I re pocketed the ring and drove to pick Harry up. As usual he looked stunningly gorgeous and I had to use all my self control not to make out with him then and there on the spot. "Morning babe." I said before leaning in for a far too quick kiss. "Hello there my prince." He whispered while sliding his hand into mine and tugging me into my car.

"So where are we going today my love?" He chirpily asked. "Well you know how you've always love ocean animals?" I said leaving the question open, "Yes." He responded eagerly, "well we're going to the aquarium!" I announced. He squealed like a teenage girl and hugged me causing me to swerve dangerously on the road. Giggling he pulled back and we talked happily until we got there.

Ocean creatures of all kinds floated or swam in bright blue tanks and to say Harry was mesmerized by them was to say the least. His eyes widened as we walked past an exotic creature and his mouth hung open in shock as the slender penguins darted through the water leaving a trail of bubbles in their wake. I was so in love. I took his hand in mine and guided him towards a tank at the back of the aquarium. It was here that I had secretly booked a shark cage diving experience for the both of us.

We met up with the guy in charge and got the lowdown on what to do. We soon got suited up in thick wetsuits, flippers and diving equipment. While we waited near the tank, as the cage was being lowered into the water from above, Harry squeezed my hand, "Lou I'm scared." He whispered. "Hey it'll be okay baby, I'll be right here next to you the entire time alright. I will always protect you because I love you" I said into his curls. He nodded and I pressed a reassuring kiss to his lips before we got the okay to enter the cage.

The water was cold but the view was spectacular. Sharks, fish, stingrays and turtles brushed past the cage as though they were travelling down lanes on the dual carriageway. I reached out for Harry's hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Everything was going to be okay.

After that amazing experience we dried off and got changed back into our clothes. To warm up we ordered two large hot chocolates and a huge bowl of chips from the cafe. While Harry was waiting I nipped into the gift store and headed to the photo section. During our time in the shark cage the diver taken photos of us and I gasped at how naturally close and lovingly were around each other. One photo captured a moment where Harry and I had eskimo kissed underwater. I fell in love with that photo instantly. I took our photos from the shelf and bought a photo frame from the shop to make our underwater experience remain frozen in time.

When I came back Harry was halfway through the bowl of chips and as soon as he saw me a huge grin flashed across his face. "That shark cage thing was the best thing ever!" He happily gushed. I tried to contain my smile but I was hoping that that was how he would react.

Around 4pm we drove back home to Harry's house. Once inside Haz took a seat at the bar while I began to prepare our romantic dinner. Once I had almost finished rolling the pasta Harry went up stairs to take a shower, claiming that he still smelt of fish, and I put the promise ring plan into action. I ran out to my car and took out a box of candles and another one of rose petals. Back inside I scattered the petals coming down the stairs and all around the dining room. Next I placed and lit all 35 candles around the room, finally adding the final touches on the table Harry and I would be sitting at by placing a rose in a jar at the centre. I cooked the pasta and literally as soon as I put both bowls onto the place mats I heard the shower door open and close. I walked to the bottom of the stairs and greeted Harry by offering him a crimson rose. He happily took it and I lead him to our table. When we were in the dining room Harry let out an audible gasp. "Lou, it's so beautiful." He breathed. Smiling I pulled out his chair for him. Grinning I took out a bottle of the fanciest champagne I could find and poured Haz and myself a glass. "To us." He announced as we clinked our glasses together.

After we had both finished eating I went and took the plunge. I pulled the promise ring out of my pocket and got down on one knee in front of Harry. To say he was shocked was a major understatement.
"Harry, I love you and I've been thinking about promises for a while now and I think it's time that I gave you this promise ring. I promise to love, care and look after you in the time we will spend together because you are my everything. I promise you that I will always give my all in this relationship. Do you accept my promise?" I said. Harry nodded, "I do" and I slid the ring on his finger. "It's so beautiful Louis." He whispered. "I thought you'd like it." I said pulling him up and kissing his lips gently. "I love you so much Lou." He mumbled between kisses.
I picked him up and carried him into his bedroom. We lay on the bed talking and sharing sweet kisses until we both fell asleep in each others arms.

A/N: Well there's another chapter done and dusted. It's crazy to think that I've been working on this book for nearly a year! I just want to say thank you all for your support through the making of this book there's plenty more chapters to come so keep on reading my lovelies xox

Disclaimer: Just to clarify I do not support aquariums or any services that enclose animals for no veterinary or justifiable reasons. However, if you do support them that is fine and everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter as seeing your comments makes my week :') x