Jean Kirstein x Flirtatious!Oblivious!Male!Reader (Very Thin Lines)

Jean absolutely hated [Male name], that much he was sure of. He didn't know what the deal was with that guy. He loathed everything about him, how popular he was, how easy it was for him to make friends, but especially when he seemed to only come and talk to Jean when he had no one else to talk to. As if he didn't feel like a useless thing already.

Jean grumbled as he sat with his chin resting on the palm of his hand. He was currently sitting in the dining hall, eating his breakfast with a sour expression on his face. No one wanted to go near him. The moment a soldier saw his face, they turned away and sat somewhere else.

"Aha, you look grumpy~" a smooth voice said, startling Jean. He whipped around, only to see the object of his anger, [Male name], towering over him. The (h/c) haired male smiled lazily as he set down his tray next to him and sat down, earning a groan from Jean.

"Hm? What's the matter?" he asked, leaning closer.

"Tch, you're so annoying," Jean mumbled under his breath.

"Aw, how rude!" [Male name] exclaimed, throwing an arm around the tale male's shoulders, not so subtly leaning closer to Jean's face. He blushed, most definitely with embarrassment mind you, and looked away.

"What do you want, [Last name]?" he said harshly, while trying to slap [Male name]'s arm away. His arm stayed where it was, however, and that only fueled Jean's anger.

"Well, you fight with Jaeger all the time, so I was wondering what pisses him off? I don't wanna accidentally say something wrong while we have our talk," [Male name] said casually. Jean bristled. Almost everyone knew what [Male name]'s 'talks' meant. It meant excessive flirting, touching, and usually a kiss or two. Not many people argued, of course, [Male name] was hot, and cute at times. He wasn't as much as an asshole as people usually thought he was, and he even managed to get corporal Levi under his spell.

"Man whore," Jean grumbled, before shrugging [Male name]'s arm off, getting up, and putting his tray away. [Male name] never 'talked' with him before... He took a deep breath before he left the dining hall. For some reason, he couldn't help but turn around and see what [Male name] was doing now that he was about to leave, but of course, he was just sitting at Eren's table now, already starting to make the titan shifter blush.

~~~~~~~~~~

They hadn't talked for about a month now. They didn't so much as glance at each other. Once, [Male name] had tried to talk to Jean again, but he was quickly shut down as Jean scolded him and speed walked away.

And for some reason, it was making Jean feel miserable.

Every day, his mood got worse and worse. He would snap at the smallest things and often ended up cleaning the stables for talking back to Corporal Levi. Basically, he was miserable.

He started thinking about the silent treatment he had been giving [Male name]. He didn't understand why he felt this way. After all, he hated this guy. He should've been overjoyed with the fact that [Male name] wasn't talking to him anymore, but instead he was extremely grumpy and had no one to vent to. A small voice in the back of his mind kept that there was a very thin line between hate and love, but he dismissed it, getting even more annoyed at this thought.

More days passed, and the voice started getting louder and bolder, until Jean's thoughts were completely filled with confusion. There was indeed a very thin line between love and hate, but he was struggling to see which side of the line he was on.

One day, he was so distracted by his thoughts, that he walked right into someone, and was knocked to the ground.

"Ouch..." Jean grumbled, absentmindedly rubbing the back of his head. He was still a bit distracted, but looked up to see...